Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As shown in the photo, I have 2 different variants of the Accuracy Systems Gen 4 Adjustable Gas Block.

The adjustment knobs are different in their diameters and the implementation of their 'click' operation.

These were acquired used and neither are functionally click adjustable. Before I start redesigning them to make the click adjustment operation function, I thought I would reach out to those who have these and ask if they have disassembled their units and readily see what original components may or may not be missing. I have my own ideas.

One knob has an integral fixed peg to engage with the dimples. The other knob has a hole (with no pin) to engage with the dimples.

Thanks for your help and observations in advance.

Optometry Gas mask Personal protective equipment Auto part Event

·
Formerly "raf"
3,282 Posts
Have you tried contacting the original mfr, and asking them to sell you the missing parts?

Your pic should be able to help them determine what parts need to be replaced, and they can inform you if they are available. Cost ought to be small, if they charge you at all. Maybe they'll consider it as a "warranty" issue.

Might be the simplest thing to do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried contacting the original mfr, and asking them to sell you the missing parts?

Your pic should be able to help them determine what parts need to be replaced, and they can inform you if they are available. Cost ought to be small, if they charge you at all. Maybe they'll consider it as a "warranty" issue.

Might be the simplest thing to do.
Thanks, that's where I would have started my quest, but I reached out to ASI last November on a parts request for a Harmonic Barrel Stabilizer II with Adjustable Gas Block & Stabilizing Bar and the response was crickets. It is missing the missing the nut and screw that locks the spring-loaded gas adjustment screw in place. I even asked if parts were not for sale what to search for (i.e., thread size, etc.).

In the end, I may try again if unsuccessful on PU. I thought others may benefit from the answers I receive here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the gen 4 adjustable gas block and I used it on my mini 14 and 30. My opinion of it is a big waste of $$$, I never cared for the positive click knob and the way it functioned. I'm much happier with reduced size gas bushings suited to each rifle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Call ASI. I've had good luck getting a hold of the owner (he's a machinist & gunsmith) over the phone.

·
Formerly "raf"
3,282 Posts
Call ASI. I've had good luck getting a hold of the owner (he's a machinist & gunsmith) over the phone.
Concur. Try to contact them again, in as many different ways are feasable.

It would be a LOT easier to get the required parts from them, than modifying existing items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts