Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to thank the following for responding to my post . being a computer idiot it has taken to long to respond. i still cant figure out how to use this thing but i finally got back from my trip and had time to sit down and get the responces. to BUSHWACK- CAJUNGEO-TRDSLINGER & JP58C thank you for your responces and your help for a new person trying to figure out the system . my rifle is through at accuracy systems in colorado. the thing had to be shipped back to the man that inlet the custom stock i designed and he cleaned it up and put it on the stock making machine that is used to cut the stock out. a friend that i meet on the internet told me about GREAT AMERICAN GUNSTOCKS in yuba city,ca wwwgunstocks.com. his name is HENRY POHL AND HE HAS BEEN GREAT at helping me out so far. this was a special piece of claro walnut so accuracy systems wanted to make sure it was inlet correctly and it will be shipped back to them next week to finish up. i am very eager i have been waiting a long time. i finished the wood myself and it came out beautiful, i should have taken a picture but no digital camera. stupid for someone who was a photo man in the service and has taken pictures for years. i will have to make it up and promise to do so.one of you wanted to know how much i have to run home now but send me a e-mail at [email protected] and i will run douw all the costs for you. i will send it out to you next time i post and it will be soon i promise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just wanted to add to my message of earlier, i have been working with the people at accuracy systems in co. and they have been very good about making sure every little thing is going to work great in putting this rifle together the way i want it to be it is only because the stock is different that it is being sent to henry bcause it was felt that he could do the woodwork correctly. that is what his expertize is, that of a stockmaker. it is only that i want to let you know that if i would have just used the standard stock that it would be done at this point. i have been a part time knifemaker fpr 12 years and have worked with cocobolo,desert ironwood,bocote,ebony and others that i saw a very nice stock of figured walnut and i said " i can not put this thing togther with that plain old stock that ruger sent me". i had to go and make it a little more challenging. i have waited so long i can wait another week or so.i hope i did the correct thing.i will let you know if it was worth it i will take pictures. thanks for your ears i hope i did not bore you to death with story.

·
Registered
567 Posts
knifeblade---I'm glad I could help out. Your Mini sounds like a real winner. Be sure to post pictures of it when you're done & give us a range report when you can.

Good shooting
Bushwack

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
knifeblade, you don't have to have a digital camera. If you have a scanner you can scan the picture. Most scanners come with Adobe photo or similar software to edit, cut, trim, convert to Jpeg format. What, you don't have a scanner, then take your 35 mm film to walmart. They will develop it on a floppy for you. I got a free photo program with my printer cartridge to edit the photo with. It takes some trial and error your first time, but after that its easy. (1) Get photo, and save to file. (2) Edit cut trim, resize etc, (3) convert to jpeg less than 75,000 bytes. Use the Browse below the post screen. (4) click submit its done!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts