Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t do much review writing. So, I’ll keep it short...

I ordered an Accu-Strut this last Sunday (the 3rd). I placed my order direct from the manufacture’s website. The process was pretty smooth and painless. Shipping cost was $5 and change. Which was very nice. Anymore, when ordering online, you get zinged on shipping. My order arrived on Wednesday (the 7th) via USPS Priority Mail.

Pro’s:

1) Communication was outstanding and very responsive.
2) Packaging was very professional
3) Fit and finish of the parts of the strut is top notch. Color of the Stainless is a very close match to the rifle. Machine work is crisp.
4) Installation was very straight forward and quick. 10 minutes max.
5) Allen wrenches included for installation.
6) Looks really nice on the rifle. It now resembles a Springfield M-14/M1A rifle.

Con’s

1) No instructions. That I was really surprised by.

Overall, a great product. So if your thinking about purchasing an Accu-Strut, go for it! Now I am looking forward to range time with the Mini. And hoping, it will improve things, even though they weren’t all that bad to begin with.

·
Registered
196 Posts
What is the length from the front of the gas block to the front of the barrel clamp? I have gone back and forth on getting once since I am not sure one will fit behind my brake.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As requested a pic of the installed SOCOM...

Length from the front of the gas block to the front of the barrel clamp is 3.77"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thank you for the review. The instructions are inside the folded insert. Sorry if that's not more clear.

Kevin

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Kevin,

Actually, nope..The folded insert only has a picture of the SOCOM mounted on a short barrel Mini-14 on one side and a detaled application guide on the other side. No instruction's at all. It very well may have been an over sight?

It doesn't take away from the product itself, which is outstanding! And if there are peeps out there wanting one but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, do it!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Ok, that sounds like an oversight. Sorry about that, will look into it.

Kevin

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See, excelent communinication! :)

·
HeyMatthew.com
25 Posts
Glad to hear some more good reports on the Accustruts... I've been thinking about a Socom for my Tactical Mini. I don't really NEED it, but I just think it would look awesome on there. :)

What? So I'm a little vain... If I'm going to suck at the range, I'm going to look good doing it.

Keep us posted on how that one works out for you.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hey Kevin,

Actually, nope..The folded insert only has a picture of the SOCOM mounted on a short barrel Mini-14 on one side and a detaled application guide on the other side. No instruction's at all. It very well may have been an over sight?
If you can post a scan of the insert, I can take it to the printers for discussion. Only thing I can think of. They're saying the inserts have assembly instructions.

Kevin

·
Registered
367 Posts
Anyone use the Socom model on an 18" barrel Mini (especially using 2 clamps)? Now I know the full size is really better in terms of performance, but I kind of like how the shorter one looks (looks more like an M1A).

·
Registered
182 Posts
PDXS3T: The SOCOM Accu-Strut looks great on your gun! (Yours, too, P220forever!)

Congrats on your purchase, can't wait to get one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get the insert scanned for you this afternoon Kevin and send it direct by email!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just sent you an email Kevin, with a copy of the folded insert that was in the package. Hope it helps!

Jim

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Thank, Jim. I really don't know what to make of this. All of our struts normally have installation instructions on that sheet. Maybe a printing error?

·
HeyMatthew.com
25 Posts
Anyone ever installed a SOCOM on a 16" tactical model? Just wondering what it would look like. I'm a sucker for the M1A look and wouldn't mind adding one to my Tactical depending on how it would look.

I know... I'm so vain.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there new data, beyond the two rifles that were posted there?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts