Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an accu-strut and installed as per the instructions. As I tighten up the bolts, the strut seems to tip up on the end. What I am saying is the strut is not parallel to the barrel. It is a very slight amount but its there. Normal or did I do something wrong?

please look at the installed strut in the photo

btw, I have moved the clamp to the end of the strut and there was no change in the alignment.

Attachments

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
Try measuring the gaps first. The strut appears straight to me, but the longer I stare at it the more my eyes stress and bend the picture, :rolleyes:

If there is a difference in the measurements, then I'm sure the makers of Accu-Strut will replace it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
it would be good to know the tolerance they make these to. i would think it should be pretty tight to not throw akward pressure on your barrel. your problem is the main reason i have never tried a strut out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am a newbie here, but just checking that you were sent the correct one as I thought that there were different barrels available for the Mini's, some with flares and some that are straight. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
That's wierd. Have you tried switching clamps?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I swapped the clamps...front to back and top to bottom. There was no real change. What I did notice is my barrel (195xxx) is slightly thinner closer to the gas block and thicker towards the front sight. I imagine that is what is causing the tip up effect.

I put the rifle in a vise, and put a level on the barrel, then I re-installed the accu-strut. After tightening the strut, the barrel was still level. IMO, its good to go.

If need be, I'll order up a new set of clamps and swap them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
The small step-down of the earlier non-tapered barrels is not large enough to cause such an angle. The only thing I can think of is one or both of the clamps is slightly out-of-spec.

I think I recall this happening with another customer. I believe we replaced his clamps, and the problem no longer occurred. Let me know if you want to try this. No charge in this case for replacing the clamps.

Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The small step-down of the earlier non-tapered barrels is not large enough to cause such an angle. The only thing I can think of is one or both of the clamps is slightly out-of-spec.

I think I recall this happening with another customer. I believe we replaced his clamps, and the problem no longer occurred. Let me know if you want to try this. No charge in this case for replacing the clamps.

Kevin
Thank you for the offer Kevin, I will take you up on the replacement clamps.

Should I email you my info?

·
Registered
118 Posts

Kevin
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is customer service.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think I may know what the problem is, I know you said you tried the clamps up and down, but what I think is going on is one clamp is upside down and the other is right side up when I installed mine, I encountered the exact same problem. Turns out the part of the clamp that attaches to the barrel is one size and the part that attaches to strut is a different size, thickness, it's also very easy if you don't pay close attention to have just one clamp with one side. The right way up and the other side the wrong way down and then when you tighten it up. It's. It's unstable, and till it's completely tightened, which causes the angle I went through this myself. Hope that helps:wacko:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm glad I read this post! I got mine in the mail today, and I'll hopefully install it tonight, keeping the above advice in mind.

By the way, the post office screwed up the delivery. It was "delivered" December 10, exactly a month ago. After four trips to the post office during lunchtime (grrr!) they finally got things squared away. They put it (and all our office mail) in the wrong mailbox for the past month.

Hey Kevin, I'd like to order another one, so could you guys please please send it UPS? I never have a problem with them. Thanks. Looks like a fine product.

Dave

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm glad I read this post! I got mine in the mail today, and I'll hopefully install it tonight, keeping the above advice in mind.

By the way, the post office screwed up the delivery. It was "delivered" December 10, exactly a month ago. After four trips to the post office during lunchtime (grrr!) they finally got things squared away. They put it (and all our office mail) in the wrong mailbox for the past month.

Hey Kevin, I'd like to order another one, so could you guys please please send it UPS? I never have a problem with them. Thanks. Looks like a fine product.

Dave
Just select UPS as the shipping method when you place the order.

Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the replacement clamps today.....popped them on and viola....good to go!

Thank you Kevin. I must say I am very impressed with your product and your customer service.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I got the replacement clamps today.....popped them on and viola....good to go!

Thank you Kevin. I must say I am very impressed with your product and your customer service.
Awesome! Glad this solved the problem.

The clamp halves are tempered and it's sometimes difficult to get the right degree of temper. Every now and then a part is off. But we remain committed to 100% customer satisfaction.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts