Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 195 series Ranch Rifle that I added an Accu Strut to. I'm thinking about adding a bi-pod to it. I'm not familiar with how the bi-pod adapters mount to the Mini. Will I be able to mount one with the Accu Strut installed?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
95 Posts
The majority of folks here have used a swivel stud, which I would advise. The Harris Mini 14 adapter uses the sling loop to attach, but I'm not familiar with it. I know this doesn't help. Someone will chime in.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I'm not familiar with whether the Harris Mini-14 adapter will interfere with the Accu-Strut.

But I can tell you that resting your rifle on the gas block WILL affect POI, so you'll have to re-zero your sights/scope. Then you'll have to re-zero again for your next offhand shot.

Best bet is to install a sling swivel stud in the forearm, approx. 1.5" back from the gas block. ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Harris Bipod Adapter use's the gas block and the sling loop to attach. I don't have one anymore so I can test to make sure but, it might not work with and Accu-Strut installed.

One thing you can do is install a swivel stud as suggested or, install a picatinny rail on the bottom of your fore grip and get a bipod that is icatinny rail compatable.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
The Accu-strut needs only to be shifted forward a bit to accommodate the Harris adaptor.

However, I strongly recommend going a more custom route, such as mounting an aftermarket sling swivel directly to the fore stock. The Harris adaptor is a rather clunky accessory at best, heavy and sometimes needing constant retightening. Or so my experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.