Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the local discount store today (Bi-Mart) in NW Orygun and there were some Hornady .224 cal bullets and some Nosler .224 Ballistic tips. The 9mm & 40 S&W loaded ammo was gone pretty quick. Didn't ask about .223 ammo. The storekeep said there were 12 people in line waiting for the truck from Allsports when it came. I was there a couple hours after it had arrived. Still no primers. But at least some stuff is dribbling in. The last 3 weeks there has been virtually nothing. They rationed the sales to 2 boxes of bullets/ammo per person per caliber per transaction. I went through the line twice. anyway, there's a little indication that things might be lightening up.

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
i think an easier way to get ammo right now is to go dig a random hole in the hill somewhere, perhaps bring a metal detector........ lmao

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Are you calling .22 rimfires .224?

I can't find my particular brand of .22 but I have 3 or 400 in my ammo chest. I just can't shoot them up and I love to shoot .22.

I broke down and ordered 100 rounds of .45 so I will be able to do something of a break in on my 1911 I just put on lay away. .45 is hard to find and even harder to find cheap right now.

I think ammo will get better quicker this time than the last scare unless the government starts buying everything.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were no 22LR on the shelf. I was talking bullets and loaded ammo. There have been some 30cal Barnes bullets and 270 & 30 cal Nosler Accu-bonds on their shelf for quite some time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thankfully it isn't AS bad where I'm at. You can find anything you want with a little driving around and for a few more dollars than before. except for .22lr and 9mm which I cant seem to find anywhere. What bothers me is how come there is so much shotgun ammo in stock? why isn't that all dried up?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Thankfully it isn't AS bad where I'm at. You can find anything you want with a little driving around and for a few more dollars than before. except for .22lr and 9mm which I cant seem to find anywhere. What bothers me is how come there is so much shotgun ammo in stock? why isn't that all dried up?
Take a closer look. It's probably all target loads. See how many 00 and slugs you can find.

Reactions: Marlin 45 carbine

·
Registered
77 Posts
Because nobody listened to the VP's advice about just getting a dbl barrel shotgun.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ammo is hit and miss here in San Antonio, even at Acadamy you are limited to what you can buy, handgun cal is kept at Customer Service where it is rationed out. As for 223(5.56) 308, 7.62X39 is very limited and scarce to find. I did get lucky at Natchez for a few minutes they had primers available, so I ordered 2000 SP and 2000 SR the max I could get. I have plenty of brass powder and now primers and my fav projectilles for the calibers I shoot, so things are looking up.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Was in reno nv for the last week. Wife and I were on kind of a working vacation. More vacation than work. didn't do ant gamboling (waste of money) But i did some gun shopping.
I bought a sweet clean Ruger SBH 44 mag with bone grips, at an antique store for a very very good price ($450) after a lot of haggling, but no ammo. Went into Sportsmans guide not expecting much but.... Glory be.. The ammo gods were laying blessings on me. They had ammo stacked up. 44Mag, 45 acp. 40 sw. 38spl, Even had a bunch of .223.
Had to pass on 223 i dont like to shoot bb guns. espically for 12.00 a box.
but the pistol calibers were very reaonable.
No 7.62x 39 but had a bunch of 7.62X54.
made me wish I had a Dragunov. 3 box limit so i had to go thru more than once. I walked out of that store with a very thin wallet. But a smile on my face
Maybe things are getting a little better.
i hope

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was back in the local discount store today (tuesday delivery of shooting supplies).... They got about 10 boxes of .223 55gr FMJ w/c and 5 boxes of 60gr V-Max Hornady bullets, some shotgun primers and some W748 powder. I did not get there til afternoon. Saw guys walking out with ammo in hand. So, supplies are still dribbling in. No 22LR though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was in Cabelas the other day looking at Ruger MKIII's and happen to walk by a guy with a cart of ammo for the store. He had a bunch of PMC 223 so I bought my 5 box's. At 8.99 a box it is about 1 or 2 dollars more then last year. I also saw it at a genral store in Wenatchee but they wanted 13.99 a box, I passed on that. The same place wanted 29.99 for PMC 9mm, crazy if you ask me but people were buying it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
29.99 for 9 mm that is nutz. I paid 32.oo for 50, HP 44 mag at SG mentioned in in post 11.
Was at my local gun store the other day they had 3 ARs on the wall (No Ammo)l and a AK pistol. Bought some tula 7.62x39 for 7.99 box. limit 5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.