Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Still a ripoff! The 45 ammo, though a little pricey is somewhat reasonable. Hold out on the .223/5.56 if possible. I scored some PMC bronze .223 from Cabela's for 50c per rnd last wekend.

401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still a ripoff! The 45 ammo, though a little pricey is somewhat reasonable. Hold out on the .223/5.56 if possible. I scored some PMC bronze .223 from Cabela's for 50c per rnd last wekend.
Oh I'm good. I accumulated about 2500 rounds each of 5.56/223 and 45ACP last spring and summer.

I just follow these prices to use as a barometer of prices and availability in general.

I do think it is a good sign that this amount of ammo is available.

Your Cabela's find is a good sign also.

·
Registered
832 Posts
PMC bronze should be 7.99 for a box of 20. Anything above that is sexual abuse against you. Don't participate in this crap or you will see high prices for a long time. There is an LGS in La Mesa, Ca. that is charging $80.00 for a brick of .22lr. If people pay that for a $25.00 box of ammo they're idiots!!! Just sit back and wait for prices to come down. We went through this the first time this dip**** got elected. The supply will catch up with demand and then you can stock up. Save up your money and when ammo comes down buy all you can afford. Be patient! Listen to the old farts for once!!

fishslayerbob

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
PMC bronze should be 7.99 for a box of 20. Anything above that is sexual abuse against you. Don't participate in this crap or you will see high prices for a long time. There is an LGS in La Mesa, Ca. that is charging $80.00 for a brick of .22lr. If people pay that for a $25.00 box of ammo they're idiots!!! Just sit back and wait for prices to come down. We went through this the first time this dip**** got elected. The supply will catch up with demand and then you can stock up. Save up your money and when ammo comes down buy all you can afford. Be patient! Listen to the old farts for once!!

fishslayerbob
Only problem is some of us young farts werent able to stock up until recently. But yeah prices like that I REFUSE to pay. But $12 for a box of 20 7.62x39 Ill grab here and there.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Have your cash ready to pounce on ammo when the price comes down. During the last shortage I was willing to pay 12.99 for a box of PMC bronze just because it was available. I have a locker FULL of ammo that I bought simply because it was available at the time. It went down to 8.99 a box but I figured I was lucky to be stocked up.

fishslayerbob

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Pretty much how I feel now. While the prices suck, its pay through the nose and have or wait it out and not have. Ill take the former at this point. Live and learn...should have prioritized spending a couple of years ago so I wouldnt be suffering now.

·
Banned
7,947 Posts
Pretty much 2 crowds here, the ammo haves and ammo have nots. For the haves, be patient. For the have nots, buy and build up your stash even if it is overpriced. The .223/5.56 ammo mfgs have orders through 2024 at current production rate.

Yes, 2024!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'll buy it at Wal Mart three boxes at a time whenever I can find it. I got 6 boxes of the steel case TulAmmo a couple weeks ago for 5.97 a box. That's some cheap stuff right there!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I knew that this day was coming when Klinton the Slick was elected. He trumpeted all through his campaign that he was going to get our guns. I decided to believe him.
I told all my friends and family at that time that they had better start stocking up on guns and ammo. And, I practiced what I preached!
During those days you could order cases of .223/5.56, 7.62X39, 308/7.62 at (compared to today) very low prices. I had cases coming in every couple of weeks. And, I also bought at local stores when they had reasonable priced ammo. Naturally, I have accumulated a good bunch by now.
In those days Mini-14s were far less expensive than they are now. I purchased a couple. SKSs were to be had for $70-$100 brand new! I bought some of them.
I also purchased a large amount of .22LR. It costed from $10-$15 per brick.
I think that I have enough to last me for the rest of my life. But, knowing that the current Administration plans to rob me of my Constitutionally protected property, I am stashing it out in the far flung boondocks around here.
I'll have more to add as time passes. OA.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I picked up 3 boxes (limit) of 20, 5.56 Independence for $8.97 per box friday at local Wally. I went back today and picked up 6 more at two different stores.... same price. After a few more successful trips I may become comfortable with my stash.

·
Registered
666 Posts
OA,
Someone ought to have a list of burial spots so when you drop dead without shooting up all your stash someone else can salvage it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I made another pass to 2 local Wallys this morning. I've added 300 rounds to my pile since last friday @ 45 cents per round staying below my self imposed limit of 50 cents.

There is a gun show next friday in a small town near here. I can scoff at those gougers if they're asking more than 50 cents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.