Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so first I'm new to here and the world of the sks , I know the ov
HTML:
er ballistics of the round but am wanting some people that know the gun better than i do , its a Chinese sks , shoots straight , my question are what do ya'll think of an ATI tactical stock with a scope , second what kind of scope I'm wanting to be able to shoot right at 150 yards

· (*.:.*)
495 Posts
Ok so first I'm new to here and the world of the sks , I know the ov
HTML:
er ballistics of the round but am wanting some people that know the gun better than i do , its a Chinese sks , shoots straight , my question are what do ya'll think of an ATI tactical stock with a scope , second what kind of scope I'm wanting to be able to shoot right at 150 yards
If you plan on shooting U.S. made ammo, the first thing I'd get is this:

SKS Owners

I don't know about the ATI tactical stock, but the ATI Monte Carlo stock adds a bit of weight to the SKS (if that matters to you).

I've never had luck with the receiver cover mounts on the SKS. The B-Square mount worked well, but really needed a red dot or very short scope (longer scopes got battered by the ejected cases).

A good scout type mount and scope might be ideal for the SKS.

I ended up going with the Tech-Sight instead of a scope.

SKS Sights

· Registered
5 Posts
Posting Pix is not necessary, frankly I wouldnt want everyone knowing just what I have or how much, I consider it my info and not theirs, my soninlaw was over the other day to help with some work, wanted a glass of water-open cabnet and found 2 knives and a hand gun. He ask if I was expecting trouble----my answer Never can tell

· The Poly Grip Kid
40 Posts
Ok so first I'm new to here and the world of the sks , I know the over ballistics of the round but am wanting some people that know the gun better than i do , its a Chinese sks , shoots straight , my question are what do ya'll think of an ATI tactical stock with a scope , second what kind of scope I'm wanting to be able to shoot right at 150 yards
if you have a Chinese type 56 then you more than likely havea copy imported by Norinco which is basically a copy of the original Russian SKS (Samozarvadnvi Karbin Simonova)
The spring loaded firing pin is a good inexpensive safety feature to ensure your Norinco will not slam fire.
you might want to take a look at the Tapco Intrafuse Tactical stock . I personally like it better than the ATI and is less expensive, tapco also offers a nice detachable 20 round magazine. you can get a complete Tapco intrafuse compliance kit for thr same price as the ATI stock which includes a 20 Round mag.
there are several other conversions and mods you can do or have done by an experienced riflesmith that will make your SKS perform better like being able to load and remove a mag with a closed bolt.
you can also install a Marcus Mag adapter and cut off that duckbill off the front of the mag which makes it a lot easier to carry multiple mags.
you can also get extended mag release for easier operation of mag detachment.
IMO the Chinese Variant of the Kolishnikov SKS is a fine Rifle Fun to shoot and fun to modernize however you want to do some research before you make any permanent mods because it could have historical value you may not know about.
if your rifle has matching numbers on the receiver, dust cover, Trigger Guard, firing pin bolt, slide and scribed on the gas tube then it is all original and has more value than one that has different numbers on the parts.
here is a good site to figure out how old your rifle may be. Yooper John

· The Poly Grip Kid
40 Posts
Ok so first I'm new to here and the world of the sks , I know the over ballistics of the round but am wanting some people that know the gun better than i do , its a Chinese sks , shoots straight , my question are what do ya'll think of an ATI tactical stock with a scope , second what kind of scope I'm wanting to be able to shoot right at 150 yards
if you have a Chinese type 56 then you more than likely havea copy imported by Norinco which is basically a copy of the original Russian SKS (Samozarvadnvi Karbin Simonova)
The spring loaded firing pin is a good inexpensive safety feature to ensure your Norinco will not slam fire.
you might want to take a look at the Tapco Intrafuse Tactical stock . I personally like it better than the ATI and is less expensive, tapco also offers a nice detachable 20 round magazine. you can get a complete Tapco intrafuse compliance kit for thr same price as the ATI stock which includes a 20 Round mag.
there are several other conversions and mods you can do or have done by an experienced riflesmith that will make your SKS perform better like being able to load and remove a mag with a closed bolt.
you can also install a Marcus Mag adapter and cut off that duckbill off the front of the mag which makes it a lot easier to carry multiple mags.
you can also get extended mag release for easier operation of mag detachment.
IMO the Chinese Variant of the SKS is a fine Rifle Fun to shoot and fun to modernize however you want to do some research before you make any permanent mods because it could have historical value you may not know about.
if your rifle has matching numbers on the receiver, dust cover, Trigger Guard, firing pin bolt, slide and scribed on the gas tube then it is all original and has more value than one that has different numbers on the parts.
here is a good site to figure out how old your rifle may be. Yooper John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.