Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, Bill set this section up for me to show off my abilites when it comes to refinishing, so here are a few pics of some of the finishes I can do...I also do full service gunsmithing, mild to wild, as well as repairs...I work on all guns, but the military guns (especially Kalishnikov types) are my specialty...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SixT, it is a side folder, but fixed in the open position. I built the receiver myself, so it is post ban. I registered it on a Form 1 as a SBR, and thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Appreciate the quick reply sir. Not sure if you are familiar with them or not but I worked for a feller named Mike (Class II Manufacturer) who owns The Firingline out of Wyandotte, Oklahoma. He manufactured the first US Made Milled Steel Receiver for the AK and does some fairly nice work and assemblies as well. Worked for him for about 4 years until things simply got too hectic for me.

By the looks of your pics you most certainly do some fine work if I do say so myself. I will most certainly reccommend anyone looking your way. I own a few AKs myself but don't get out with them as much as I would like to. :(

What type of finish is that on that middle pic you posted? Is that nikel or chrome? Did you do that as well?

My partner and I do "hand painted" camo on stock sets for all types of weapons when we can find the time in between our regular jobs and the family affairs. Keeps us outta trouble. :)

Do you have a website and if so what is the link to it? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work sir. Have a good one! Six

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SixT, Thanks for the compiment. The finish on the middle gun (Maadi MISR/10) is TR Gukote (my specialty) in the Stainless Semi Gloss color. It is a true stainless coating, and contains 5 micron metal particles in it. The pigment of the color is true stainless, since it is a layer of metal applied to the base. I have done a few various guns in a camo pattern (multiple colors of TR Gunkote, normally Sand, Dark OD, and Black), but unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the completed guns. I will have to contact some of my customers and see if I can take a few pictures.

I do not have a website up yet, but one is in the works, but I will keep everyone posted when it is up and running.

I have seen some of the stocks you have worked on, and you do excellent work on them, maybe we will have to work something out if I have any more camo projects come my way. I can apply the same coating I do the guns with to synthetic stock sets, but unfortunately, I can't do it on wood stocks.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Can't see the pics. Must be a firewall issue I need to check into. After looking at the dates......it's probably old!! :huh:

:sniper:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys...sorry for the delays...we moved earlier this year and everything has been like a 3 ring circus, but things are getting on track now. I should have my site up and running tommorow (keeping my fingers crossed, lol). I will repost the pics if I can find them, they were taken several re-formats ago, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts