Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In 2 years it will be 100 years old. Its far from perfect but as I stated in a previous thread my biggest thrill was talking the previous owner out of it. I'd been trying to accomplish that feat for 3 years. She is the widow of the original owner. The transaction speaks to her feelings towards me. I'm honored to have it.

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The womans husband died 13 years ago at age 83. She is now 75 making her 21 years his junior. She is an interesting soul having been a life flight pilot and a colonial in the Confederate Air Force. She has also been a police officer. She has a CCW permit, carries a gun. She's about 5' tall and weighs about 100 lbs and jabbers like a magpie.
The subject 1911 was made after May of 1918 making it a black army 1911. 1918 was the highest production year for 1911s until the WWII years. Was the woman's husband the original recipient and the gun held in stock by the Army until he got it? She told me he was at Pearl Harbor at the time of the Japanese attack there. We should assume the gun was with him.
I'm too lazy and lack the interest to pursue provenance any farther.

Reactions: nac82xx

· Registered
164 Posts
In 2 years it will be 100 years old. Its far from perfect but as I stated in a previous thread my biggest thrill was talking the previous owner out of it. I'd been trying to accomplish that feat for 3 years. She is the widow of the original owner. The transaction speaks to her feelings towards me. I'm honored to have it.
That's a great find. Congrats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.