Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the following increase accuracy?

Bedding the stock.
Trigger modifications.
Proper cleaning.

Could I get some more info on these.

Also, I am finding that the weakness of this rifle seems to be the thin barrel. I am debating on upgrading to some sort of fluted barrel or a bull barrel. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's my opinion...for what it's worth.
Bedding the action in the stock keeps everything from moving around from one shot to the next. (simplistic explanation)
Trigger work, or a new adjustable trigger can keep you from pulling your shots when you "squeeze". (mine has about a mile-and-a-half of creep, 12 lbs. of pull weight, and alot of over-travel)
A heavy barrel will help alot, but the mini by it's design and intended use, will never be "real" accurate. (auto vs. bolt action)
My personal concern is the point of diminishing returns. If money's no object...definetly go for it!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Mike, take out your trigger group, and move your action around in the stock, and watch it and the end of the barrel. See some movement? I bet you did. Bedding your stock cost $10.50 for the Acraglas bedding kit, Hang a $19.95 Muzzle brake on the end of barrel to reduce muzzle flip, get a $35 to $40 trigger job. (there is no way anyone can squeeze an 11 lb trigger without pulling shots. So for $65 t o $70 you can at least cut your groops in half. With the right ammo your groops should be getting close to 2" at 100 yds off a sand bag or bipods, especially if you have a scope. If you go the bull barrel route, ya have to get the gas block/port area reworked, and yer looken at doubling the cost of yer mini, and you will be around 1MOA. I just bedded my mini, can't wait to go to the range to see how much it tightened my groups. Its just a matter of what ya want, and if ya have the money. Its just my opinion for what it's worth

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cajungeo,
Thanks for the input. I already have a Black Warrior Muzzle Brake on my stainless. It did help my groups, but didn't cut them in half. I am shooting roughly the same groups with my pre-ban blued non muzzle brake. Leads me to believe that it is the person behind the gun. I am probably pulling shots. Maybe I will start with the trigger job and follow that with a bedding job. Then I will get every last shot out of my factory barrel while I am saving up for a Bull barrel.

Let me know of any place I can get more info on the above.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally posted by Mike223
Cajungeo,
Thanks for the input. I already have a Black Warrior Muzzle Brake on my stainless. It did help my groups, but didn't cut them in half.
See if your muzzle brake can be wiggled after it's pinned in place. Mine did. Not much, but it really shouldn't move at all. Since the accuracy-improving effects of the Black Warrior brake are related to how well it damps out barrel harmonics, I figured that this loose fit wasn't helping things. So I cut some strips of brass from automotive gasket shim stock and wedged them in the small gap between the muzzlebrake and the cylindrical part of the sight that it fits over. Nice tight fit, now. I don't know for sure that this really improved accuracy, since I inserted the shims right after installing the brake. But it might be worth a try for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies again. I do happent to have a little wiggle on the brake. I will have to tighten it up and see if that helps. I agree, if the brake stabilizes harmonics, it should be tight.

I'll check those links after I send this reply.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts