Perfect Union banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats bitchen. Mind if I ask how much that cost to do?
wow, I wouldn't know where to start.

I wanted to get her a rifle but I never knew what to get her. I had remembered she told me once that she liked the wood stock rifles and I knew that she only likes pink and shiny guns, so I pick up a used mini-14 on GB the first of this year. I figured that it would be simple for her to use and maintain, and also how nice it would be after it was polished.

I started with the wood stock, I sanded down the wood and I tried to stain it pink with every idea I could think of, I even tried pink clothing stain but nothing worked. I discovered the pink stocks offered by "Stocky." I order it and when it came in, it was so pink (Hot pink!) I didn't know if it was going to be way to hot to use.

I went back to the wood stock that came from Ruger. At this point, I planed on just painting the wood and wood hand guard pink....but then I got very lucky.

I discovered the metal hand guard on ebay and I knew I needed that at all cost.....well after sitting up all night in a bidding war and sitting on the edge of my seat, I won the steel hand guard.

I sent the rifle to Lee Hadaway to have the barrel work, paint the sights and also chrome the hand guard.

Once I got the rifle back I was worried that the color of the sights wouldn't match up on the stock but its perfect!

BTW, thanks Lee! you rock!

·
Registered
265 Posts
All I can say is, "WOW"!!!
Is that the stock you bought from Stocky? If not, please expand on how you dyed it
Guido

·
Registered
182 Posts
Unbelievable! Never thought I'd think that a pink gun was cool, but that is really something! I'd love to get one just like it for my girlfriend. Great job, GreyWolf and thanks for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts