Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I would think the terminal ballistics have to be devastating.

:sniper:

·
Registered
300 Posts
The local shop has one of those right now. Interesting concept, it would be great for hunting hogs or similar animals. Pricey though to shoot.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Skin it, de-bone it and process it all with one shot. I've never had squirrel burgers!! :D

:sniper:

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can buy complete uppers and ammo from cabelas now, also a ferrett 50 BMG bolt action upper.
RR

·
Registered
13 Posts
These are cool, I know some guys who have one. but I have not gotten to shoot one yet. The same company sells an upper that shoots 5.45x39 but they call it 21 Genghis. I don't know that this round has a big advantage over 5.56, but it's a neat idea.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Russian 5.45x39 is consisered to have better terminal ballistics than our 5.56x45.The longer projectile yaws more than the M855 creating a larger wound cavity.

·
Registered
88 Posts
a squirrel much at all. Not with the 405 gr, lfp load, anyway. There's just not much meat in that area of any animal, and big, slow slugs just dont tear up things the way a 223 softpoint does. The 3" 20 ga mag slug is every bit as damaging as is the 45-70. Neither one is all that great. Both are pretty solid performers, but the 45-70 is like the .45 ACP military fmj. Nothing much, but it gets a lot of hype.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Supposedly you can get 8rds single stack into a 30rd USGI mag- I wonder how many you could get into my 65rd mag??

OOOHH-Then put it onto an M-16 lower??!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
i heard u could get 12 in a 30 rounder.i think .45 acp and 45-70 are great.i dunno about the so called hype but theve served the u.s. well. :blink: :blink: :blink:
marty

·
Registered
88 Posts
like when we very nearly got our BUTTS kicked by a few Spaniards, in Cuba, because they had sense enough to have Mausers, while The Rough Riders were dumb enough to have 45-70s? The .45 hasnt served well, it just served, and noone who knew better bothered to say anything about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
45-70's ? how about krag jorgeson 30-40 which was out dated. on the .45 acp it is a great round we start out with the colt .45 in the single action army revovler. then someone in the government who probably never saw a gun decided we needed a .38 caliber round in a double action revovler. then in the phillipines we found that muslims wound up on dope, religon, and wrapped in rags could not be stoped quickly enough with the .38 so john browning come up with the .45 acp. everyone says the current 9mm joke has more power ft*lbs but with none expanding bullets (fmj) the only thing we can legally use in warfare they zip through the body doing less damage than the slower and more reliable .45 acp :2guns: Shayne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts