Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is, my mauser based scout rifle. I just got finished. Total cost 207.95. Its a yugo 98 (restamped german)That I aquired from cdnn for 109.00. Barrel cut to the first step 18 1/2 inches. Ramline stock that I filled the checkering, texturized and painted od green and shortened to 13 inch length of pull, cost 65.00. The mount is a Weaver TC Contender #63 I believe, cost 4.95. And finally a tasco red dot from Wal-Mart for 29.00. I have not shot it yet. The bore is like new. I recommend CDNN the are more than honest and the service is great. And I did all the work myself so no smithin' fees. Let me know what you guys think. MORE PICS BELOW!!!

Attachments

No Longer Involved
Looks like a great job! I'd love to see some more detailed pix.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps later, I dont have a digital cam. I had to make due with a cheap web cam. But you guys get the point.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank ya, thankya very much (in my best elvis) On the stock I used acraglas gel to fill the checkered areas. Then I used Napa auto parts rock guard (the stuff used on rocked panels prior to paint) 3M makes it also. For the paint I used brownells aluma hyde II, Slow to dry but very tough. I also shortened the length of pull to 13 in. Complete rifle is 38 in long. I also plan on installing a weaver #35 on the side of the forearm to hold my M3 tactical light. The M3 is the greatest thing botach sells them for 99.00 and the fit on any weaver base that you can adapt to the gun. So you can have the option of having a quality light on any of your guns for only 99.00 instead of several hundred dollars each for a dedicated unit that only fits select guns. Best of luck with your izzy. I love the way mine handles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the business end showing the 11 degree crown. I shot this rifle last friday and got 1 inch groups at 50 yards with some romanian ball. I will try at 100 yards with some federal classic next time I shoot. This rifle has become my favorite, Its so much fun and it was inexpensive. Not to mention very handy.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts