Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if an 870 express magnum(3") barrel will work on a 870 express super magnum(3.5") both being 12 gauge.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes and NO! the Remington Super Magnum receiver can only SAFELY take a 3 1/2 inch chamber Barrel ,You might get a 3 incher to slide in and screw down But its not the correct part and will be un safe to use.But Dont take my word for it,Give a Call to remington to be sure :blink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by deerhntr@Jul 27 2003, 10:27 PM
Yes and NO! the Remington Super Magnum receiver can only SAFELY take a 3 1/2 inch chamber Barrel ,You might get a 3 incher to slide in and screw down But its not the correct part and will be un safe to use.But Dont take my word for it,Give a Call to remington to be sure :blink:
Yes and no ?? The combo gun comes with only a 3" chamber slug barrel, Rem only makes a 3" chamber slug barrel. I've been using a 2 3/4" chamber 24" barrel in mine for some time now also. The 870, like most pump shotguns, locks the bolt to the barrel when in battery. Only thing to remember is to use correct shells for the barrel you'r using. YOOO VINNY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts