Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my friend downsized from an Encore (with .22-250, .308 and .460 S&W barrels) to a more manageable Contender (with .45LC and 7mm TCU barrels).

We put about 100 rounds of 7 TCU downrange last week while fire forming some fresh brass. I have to say that is a very nice shooter. I can see maybe adding one of those to my collection after I get the .35 Rem dialed in.

EDIT: Guess I should note that in a super 14 barrel and iron sights we were putting down ragged hole 10 round groups at 25 yards with an improvised rest, and at 50 yards we put 80 rounds on a 6" target....with unformed brass that was underloaded.

He is mounting a 2-6x Burris on it, and I with that, and fully formed loads, I think this will be a tack driver.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, my friend corrupted me and sent me a few links to some good deals on 7mm barrels. I scored one for a great price, and it included dies, everything looks to be very low use (hing marks are almost nonexistent). At first I was a bit undecided about the 10" barrel, but I decided that I like the balance of my 10" .41mag so much, that this would be a great option.

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
789 Posts
I'd like to see your results with the 10''incher. I haven't shot my 14''incher ( 7mm. T/CU) IN MANY YEARS. Although I've used the 10'' inch -- .41mag. to compete in CASUAL SILLOUETTE MATCHES..:..loads ...H332 in 7 TCU ; ........H110 & Unique in .41 Mag.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.41 mag is my other 10 inch barrel. LOVE shooting that thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.