Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned home from the range with my Mini Thirty and a box of ammo from Wolf. I have heard some nasty things about this ammo, but with the ammo shortage, i had to use what was available. To my surprise, this ammo fired without a FTF, FTF, FTE and it group well had a 100 yd. target. Just taught I would give my report on this ammo.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The 7.62x39 wolf & tula is decent ammo it's all made to russian mil spec's with the idea the rifle it's used in will be cleaned and maintained as needed. most of the trouble starts whene firing it through a dirty rifle or a rifle that has had enough ran through it that it has become dirty. keep you rifle Clean and well lubed and you won't have to much trouble with any surplus type ammo out there russian or otherwise. There is good reason we spent hours cleaning our weapons during my service days. A Clean Rifle Is A Happy Rifle!

·
USAF SF
220 Posts
I always fired Wolf ammo through my SKS ( got the rifle as a 14 year old, knew nothing about the difference between steel and brass ). At 100 yrds the rifle was hitting its mark over and over again.

Like others have said, if you take care of the rifle these rounds aren't bad at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Golden Tiger is reputably the best of the animal crackers... I run 'em all through anything I have, never an issue. I don't reload any of that caliber so it's sniffing out a bargain for me. If you are busting clays or poking holes at a 100 yds. I think it's fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My mini 30 doesn't seem to care; brass or steel, Wolf, Tula or match-grade stuff (back when we could get it) :)
Good to hear yours isn't particular either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had problems with Tul ammo, purchased at Walmart, misfiring with my mini-30. A few months ago I shot about 200 rounds and on average every 12th round had to be fired twice. 1 round wouldn't fire with 10 trys. Brass 762x39 FMJ ammo is impossible to find so I had to purchase Russian Tul & Wolf steel ammo recently because I replaced my wood stock with a Houge and need to check how the gun operates to make site adjustments as needed. I've never had problems with brass ammo and don't want to shoot what brass FMJ I have untill it comes back on the market again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.