Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure it's the same as wolf ammo. I wouldn't use it in my mini 30 except for a last resort. If steel, stick to silver/golden bear in the mini. Perfect for AK though, and with the way things are...gotta stock up on x39 regardless.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion of the unusual bullet construction in Golden Tiger here:
Golden Tiger 7.62x39 124gr FMJ - AR15.COM
That hollow space is like the 7N6 bullet--should yaw like crazy in ballistic gelatin. Likely a very effective antipersonnel round. As for reliability in Mini-30s, I'd test it out before putting it at the bottom of the bucket. I owned a Mini-Thirty Tactical that did quite well with some berdan primed steel case ammo and not so hot with others. As I recall, it didn't like the old Norinco yellow box stuff, but was fine with Silver Bear, one of the Wolfs (either Military Classic or Black Box, but not the other) and newer production Tula. But it really loved the Yugo brass case M67 stuff, even with the berdan primers.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That hollow space is like the 7N6 bullet--should yaw like crazy in ballistic gelatin. Likely a very effective antipersonnel round. ....
Probably doesn't matter much. For serious purpose, use serious ammo (doubletap/corbon loaded with TSX). Economical ammo is mostly for practise to maintain skill level anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably doesn't matter much. For serious purpose, use serious ammo (doubletap/corbon loaded with TSX). Economical ammo is mostly for practise to maintain skill level anyway.
You're right. It prob wont and I hope it doesn't matter. And sure, leave your mags loaded with the expensive stuff. But great to have cheap practice ammo with good stopping power too. Will be on the lookout for Golden Tiger now.

Thanks for the link Mister Q, great stuff!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hum, the golden bear I shoot out shoots most USA ammo, at least in my Mini 30. Its brass coated, functions with NO problems, very good accuracy. Not Wolf stuff at all. I reload for hunting and it out shoots my hand loads that will get 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards. My mini 30 is also the 196 series, pencil barrel that "they" say is not accurate. I picked up 1500 rounds before Xmas, very pleased with it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Mine likes Golden Bear as well. Tula is ok but for some reason it doesn't seem to care for any of the soft points.
That's the mag feed lip. A little file can clear that up.

Reactions: Marlin 45 carbine
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.