Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 582 series and the aperture wiggles slightly (like a loose tooth) when you touch it. The windage screws are both tight, and I have not had to adjust either windage or elevation.

1. Is this normal?
2. Is there any fix for this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch that. The windage screw that was tight before my range session shot itself loose. Tight screw, tight sight.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mine shot loose twice so I drizzled blue Loc-Tite into the screw holes to gum up the threads. So far OK after a couple of range sessions. I snugged them up like you did the first time but it didn't hold. I couldn't believe what flimsy, loose sights were put on the gun.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My rear sight would work its way loose nearly every time I shot it; applied some blue loc-tite and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
There was no chance in, well, let's say DC, that the rear sight on my Mini 14 model 5847 was going to come loose. That is until I heated the factory tightened screw with a soldering iron to soften the thread tightener and removed it. The Tech Sight MINI200 I put in its place is great, but I evidently didn't use enough Blue Loctite because it came loose after a few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to try some purple Permatex. If that doesn't work, I will step up to blue. Thanks to all for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts