Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of taking an a2 flash hider cuting it down some and milling it to the threads out of the fh to fit over the barrel of my 582 once this is done i could in theory weld the fh to my front sight "off the rifle of course " smooth it out and reinstall .....any reason this wony work???

· Registered
63 Posts
i was thinking of taking an a2 flash hider cuting it down some and milling it to the threads out of the fh to fit over the barrel of my 582 once this is done i could in theory weld the fh to my front sight "off the rifle of course " smooth it out and reinstall .....any reason this wony work???
As long as the bore of the flash hider remains concentric with the thread cavity you should be fine. Flash hiders are mostly round and this would be a perfect modification performed on a metal turning lathe...

· Isolationist Libertarian
1,420 Posts
Been there, done that. Only I used one of the big honkin' 5 1/2" CAR hiders. It's no problem if you keep it straight, I used a lathe. But in the end the rifle went off to Great West and now it is threaded. Been through several different brakes and settled on an Izzy. Have a 41/2" permanent on another mini but for the most part it's really nice to be able to switch and test muzzle parts.

· Registered
377 Posts
You could order the Chote flash hider A2 which requires no mods to your mini form Brownells (cheaper) and you get the front sight with it. I put one on my Mini 30 and it works great. get the one for the new minis its a direct fit.

· Registered
10,504 Posts
It would be a lot easier to get it threaded by Gundoc. If it doesn't work out like you want then changing is simple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.