Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love it when a plan comes together!:D

I got it glassed in last night and it's ready to go. This thing looks sooo cool!

About a month or so ago I bought one of the 581 Tactical rifles CDNN had on sale. After that I bought an old factory folder from a seller here.

Hopefully I'll be able to get to the range next week and see if all works out for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks great! Congratulations on a job well done.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That looks awesome! The stock looks like it's in really good (like mint) shape.

The A-Team would be jealous! LOL

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Wow, that is a great look. My new CDNN 580 lives in old steel butt light walnut stained furniture.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Cowboy- Very sweet looking Mini. It looks like it could be factory original.

I am doing the same thing with a 580 Tactical Mini, but using an old aftermarket folding stock made by Falcon. But before it will fit there needs to be minor modifications made to the wood in order to accept the newer 580 model.

Did you have to modify the wood stock of the factory folder in order to accept the 581 Mini?

Thanks - Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Cowboy- Very sweet looking Mini. It looks like it could be factory original.

I am doing the same thing with a 580 Tactical Mini, but using an old aftermarket folding stock made by Falcon. But before it will fit there needs to be minor modifications made to the wood in order to accept the newer 580 model.

Did you have to modify the wood stock of the factory folder in order to accept the 581 Mini?

Thanks - Dan
Hi Dan, I could get the action in the stock but there was some serious binding. I cleared everything up with a Dermal tool then glassed it in. It didn't take long to get it all cleaned up.

A big THANK YOU to gundoc for his tutorial video on how to glassbed a Mini 14. It was very helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts