Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just got a new mini from CDNN. The serial number starts with 580. My neighbor bought a new mini a month befor that with a serial number that starts with 581. Excuse my ignorance, but does the 580 indicate an older model, and if it does what is the difference?:unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was at a Gun Show yesterday and saw a new tactical with a 582 series #, Ruger must be making and selling then really fast.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
There is no appreciable difference between the 580, 581, and 582 series Minis. Some early (as in 2005 production only...) 580s still had the "pencil barrel," but I highly doubt yours is one of them. I purchased my 580 in 2008 and have had absolutely zero issues.

CDNN and other retailers buy from distributors with gigantic warehouses. That could be one of the last 580s they had. True, Ruger's up to producing the 582 series now, but I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about that rifle.

CDNN is a reputable place, and any inclination that they sold you a used rifle at new price is absurd, IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. It does have the thicker (tapered) barrel at the gas block.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
My brother just got a new mini from CDNN. The serial number starts with 580. My neighbor bought a new mini a month befor that with a serial number that starts with 581. Excuse my ignorance, but does the 580 indicate an older model, and if it does what is the difference?:unsure::unsure:
Did brother git the Tactical Mini?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts