Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have seen in the past, on the internet a Steyr rifle that was between the 50 cal & 20 cal. But now I can not find any info on this rifle.

Question:

is there any rifle that comes bigger than the 50 cal? if so then can you give the web address or make & model of this rifle?

thanks
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
gonna do a little varmint hunten there gunnrunner? How about a double barrel .700 nitro express, built on a 50 cal BMG frame. The bullet is 1000grn. loaded with Federal IMR-4831 From 168.0 grains to 180.0 grains depending how hot you load it, and federal 215 Primers. You can get a 2 die set, with 100 pcs. of brass for $1495 plus shipping. Ya want to see the rifle?
http://www.londongunmakers.com/700at.htm
Or if you only need a single shot, check this one out.
http://www.accuratereloading.com/700ne.html
If ya need something a bit bigger, its a cannon not a rifle :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi cajungeo

it looks like a shotgun?

I'm just looking at around 1000 yard shooting with something that would take down a red deer.

This distance maybe to costly, with limited money & all that.

:)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
check out the other one I put in! in my previous post.
Oh now I see what you are up to, check out these guys, they take large game at up to 2000 yds.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Personally I think thats absurbly far to be trying shooting an animal. I could dig targets, not animals. I consider myself a hunter and a fair shot, there are just too many variables at those ranges. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there cajungeo

yes I understand what you mean about long range shooting ( targeting animals )

But when we are hunting, we never see deer, but when we are on a ridge ( high up ) we see deer in the far distance.

Thanks for the address

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cajungeo

question: to buy bullets for your .700 how much are they?

Would you know how much 50 caliber would cost? maybe per box of 20 rounds?.

I have seen prices of rifles that take the 50 cal, but not the bullets themselves.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
gunrunner, the 50 cal BMG, and 700 nitro the ammo cost more than you, and I could afford. You wouldn't want to shoot a deer with either. It would tear them apart. If you are seeing them at 1000 yds away, you are on the wrong hill. It is much easier, and cheaper to develope the stealth skills necessary to shoot much closer. Last year I was within 30 yds from 2 bucks. One was the day before season started so I couldn't shoot, and the other I had in my sights for 10 min, but didn't shoot because he was a midget deer, about the size of a goat, but had 4 points. Both times I was cammoed up, scented up, and didn't move untill his head was down. The wind was in my favor. Another thing to consider, even if you had all the epuipment, and skills to shoot a large animal that far, How are you going to get the meat out? There are lots of books, and magazine articles to help you develope the hunting skills for close shots. Again it is alot easier, and cheaper too.
If you still want to see how much those big guns cost, I can give ya some links.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
No I haven't seen that pistol as it is for law enforcement only. The Sheriff Deupties I shoot with, have .45 cal

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi cajungeo

yes I agree that it's law people that only can shoot them in America.

Not in NZ though, we have pistol like the glock 17 / 19 that we can have 30 round magazines ect.

The pistol that I mentioned would not be very good, as the bullets would cost to much ect 5.7x28:2guns:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts