Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first reloaded ammo will be 50 ae 325 grain shells.
hodgdon 4227 powder--->30 grains
cases starline brass
speer 325 grain bullets
cci 350 primers
anyone see any problems with this data?

also setting up a rcbs 505 scale,zerod the scale,set the scale to 30 grains,used powder measure to consistantly measure 30 grain throws,double checked throws with scale everything looks ok.

anything I forgot ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
loaded my first 10 loads this evening.the rcbs press and dies worked flawlessly.took about 4 hours to set up my dies,read all the instructions and double check all measurements.I'm really impressed with the quality of the rcbs equiptment.I'm going to try them out tommorrow morning and if everything works well,I've got 400 more loads waiting for some love lol.If they shoot like they look,I'm going to have alot of fun with this pistol.nothing restles up the natives at the shooting range like a desert eagle:rapid: :2guns: :ar15:

·
Registered
427 Posts
1bad,
I'm really interested to hear how you fare. I've almost bought the Desert Eagle at least 4 times. Each time, I thought, it's heavy but that should help control recoil. It's a handgun, so why do I need so much power? I don't expect to hit beer cans at 100 yards with that thing. But lately, I've been hunting in bear country. And now I'm interested again in a lot of power for short range and maneuverability. Any personal experience on the value of your Desert Eagle would be appreciated. Thanks,

KC
:usa:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude,unbelieveable.
the speer gold dots 325 grain loads were earth shaking.after firing the first round,I stood there shaking for a good 5 minutes.much more recoil than my friends 40 de.the sound and muzzle blast were spectactular.
my rounds chambered perfectly,extracted perfectly,and were more accurate,and had much less recoil.
3 gold dot rounds did not fit correctly in the magazine and wouldnt chamber,can I get these replaced?
If you never shot one,most ranges have them for rent for about $30 per hour.
hats off to magnum research on a fine piece of work !:rapid: :2guns: :ar15:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts