Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to come with a light load for a webely converted to 45lc, using schofield cases. I would like to use unique as I already have some. I can't find any info using a 250gr. bullet. I am thinking of using 4.5gr. of unique in a schofield case with a 250gr. bullet. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am trying to come with a light load for a webely converted to 45lc, using schofield cases. I would like to use unique as I already have some. I can't find any info using a 250gr. bullet. I am thinking of using 4.5gr. of unique in a schofield case with a 250gr. bullet. Does this sound right?
Hi DNS, the closest load I can find in my manuals for the Schofield using Unique is a 230gr lead bullet, 5.4gr Min (649fps) - 6.1g Max (728fps).

For really light loads I have totally shifted to using Trail Boss powder. Its low density provides consistent loads and totally prevents overloading. It meters well. I use it for .38 Special, 44 Magnum, .45 ACP, and .45 Colt using lead bullets (Laser Cast).

The load data I have for a Schofield using Trail Boss and 250gr lead bullet, 3.5gr Min (537fps) - 4.8g Max (685fps).

If you can find a Schofield load using a 250gr lead bullet and Unique, you can used a reduced load calculator to get a light loading, see:
Reduced Load Calculator

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,
Richard

·
Registered
171 Posts
Calculator worked great. Is it only for unique or any powder. Thanks
Hi DSN, I believe it works for any powder. I used my reloading manual and inputted the Max load for a number of different pistol calibers with the Min velocity for the same caliber. The results came out within +-0.2 grains, very good. I didn't try it with rifle calibers.

Regards,
Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.