Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there have any 40 Round mags that work?
I have two PMI's in SS and I haven't been able to get them to load properly. Somewhere around 25-30 rounds the follower twists in the mag and then it's done.:mad: I've been fiddling with them a bit, tried squeezing the body in the appropriate side but haven't had any success.
Any insight you may have would be apreciated.:confused:

You guys did help fix my bent barrel..:p

·
Registered
685 Posts
try a new ruger follower. brownells for 2.85 780-000-816.better yet get rid of the 40's.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it me or do the 40 rounders only work well on the A-team?:D

I actually tried a ruger follower from the one sacred 20 rounder I have. No luck.

:mad:

·
Registered
689 Posts
goodorbit did you try replacing the spring? A few years back I had some 40rnd PMI's the springs bound in. If you can't find any springs let me know. I have a couple of extras you can have to try. Don't squeeze the mag body till you try new springs.

G

·
Mine works and it looks like it has been sitting on the bottom of the ocean for a few years I load it all the way up fire all the shots and it even stays open.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flak 2-
Thanks for the offer - I'll try Brownell's If that dosen't work I'll let you know. Everybody reccomends Wolf springs I'll try them. I want to purchase yet a few more accessory parts for my mini...:D

1911greg-
Good for you you lucked out! :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried Brownell's without any luck.:(

Does anybody out there have a source for 40 round springs of good quality?

Flak 2 - Interested in trades?:rolleyes:

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by goodorbit

Does anybody out there have a source for 40 round springs of good quality?

40 round PMIs are actually less expensive than their 30s. The larger capacity magazines are not as popular. They are really, really LONG. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks for the springs. I tried relacing both with a couple different springs and no luck.:(
The mags work fine W/O rounds in them. once you load them to the 25-30 round point they become very hard to add. once full the spring does not push the next round up. Like there is too much friction from the rounds on the mag body.
A little oil.... ... nope:mad:
I thought the force on the rounds was pushing them out instead of up. Tried squeezing the mag body a little bit...
... NOPE:mad: :mad:
I had a similar problem with the 30 rounders I have. But working them a couple of times seemed to remedy the ****uatin.
Anybody with ideas or suggestions?
H E L P

·
Registered
685 Posts
i don't know but they just don't appeal to me. sorry to hear that nothing worked:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts