Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gas Block Tools

I have a 1/4" torque wrench with a 1/4" square stud to attach sockets. I also have a 9/64 allen wrench. How do I use these tools (combine them) to loosen and retorque my gas block?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Getting the gas block bolts out isn't the issue -- that can be done with your 'L-shaped' Allen wrench. Just go slowly, backing the bolts out 1/4 turn, tightening back down 1/8 turn until they're out. This will help keep the staked part of the bolt from boogering up the threads in the top half of the gas block.

As for torquing the new bolts, you're gonna need either a 1/4" drive, 9/64" Allen socket (like this one), or a 9/64" Allen bit (hex on the back end) with a 1/4" drive-to-hex-bit adapter. You'll probably also need at least a 2" extension to give you enough room to work.

Be sure your torque wrench reads in INCH-lbs., and that it will adjust to 30-35 in-lbs.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Used to be you could call Ruger service and parts, tell 'em what you needed as in Gas Block screws and they'd send to ya no charge...... did for me once upon a time anyway. Many, many moons ago!!!!:):)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.