Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a ammo container of jacketed heads.Can they be used in reloading 35 rem?They are 357 heads.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes, .357 inch diameter BULLETS can be used to reload .35 Rem CARTRIDGES. "Jacketed heads" or indeed "heads" of any type will almost certainly not work.

The term "bullet head" is used to refer to a bullet by speakers who are under the delusion that "cartridge" and "bullet" are synonymous.

*A bullet is only one part of a cartridge.
*A cartridge comprises a cartridge case, a bullet, a primer, and some gunpowder.
*A bullet is the metallic projectile that comes out of the front of the gun when it is fired.

But yes, I know what you mean. That's immaterial.

The fact that the wrong term is frequently used and I know what you mean doesn't make it correct. This is a gun board, after all. Words have meanings, and names matter. A barrel is not a rifle, and nobody wants to be called PigBat, because that SOB is a crotchety, cantankerous, pedantic bastage (although, in the spirit of not chastising a newbie, I did note that you aren't new here, so I'm not completely mean-spirited).
Words have meanings, and names matter.

It's really not hard at all; there are only 4 parts of a cartridge. In fact, it's significantly easier to call things by their correct names than to come up with convoluted neologisms like "bullet head".

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am soon to use a Lee 357 tumble lube lee mold for my 35 remington (1952 Remington 760 pump). Kinda light at 157g if I remember correctly. Really a heavy 38 special load I hope to plink with.

Any suggestions let me know.

·
Tangled up in "Blues".
37 Posts
The 150gr bullet isn't too light, there's a very nice 150gr jacketed bullet available from several makers just for the .35 rifles.

My 760 likes them.
Pick up some Trail Boss for the subsonics loads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts