Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cyote Down
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an early model .30 cal blackhawk, first year,:) and I was wondering if any handloaders have played around with bullet weights for general shooting and woods carry.:huh:

C/D :usa::sniper:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I guess you're talking about the 30 Carine chambered one. That being the case, I've made up some 30 Carbine rds for my M1 Carbines using a max load of H110 and Speer's SP bullets:

They work well enough for small game but the 30 Caliber round isn't going to give you the performance of say a 125grn or even 158grn 357mag load.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Basically the same thing for the pistol as the carbine. If I grab a box of ammo I want it to work in both, after having grabbed a box and finding out it DIDN'T work! While embarrassing, it wasn't fatal, like it might have been if that was a bump in the night I was looking at. Either Win 296 or H 110 for powder.

·
Banned
12 Posts
If you're still here, you might want to play around with downloading the 30 carbine blackhawk. Standard load carbine rds can be a bit WAY too much out of a handgun! If you have any reloading manuals check to see if they have reload data in the handgun section. HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts