Perfect Union banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some new American Eagle 5.56 AR ammo. Is this okay to use in my Ruger Mini-14 Ranch rifle of the 196-xxxxx era? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Yes, all Mini's except for the target model are chambered for 5.56 or .223. The Target model is chambered for .223 rem only.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Dittos on the above. You can shoot anything that will chamber in your rifle without any worries. Welcome to the forum. Any question you have can be answered here. There is nothing we have not encountered.

fishslayerbob

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ditto Tucker, 3/4 of the ammo I have for my 186-series that I don't loads is 5.56. And just in case you needed more confirmation, the User Manual for my mini clearly states that all Mini 14s except the Target Model are designed to fire both .223Rem and 5.56NATO.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Welcome Tucker.

I have some new American Eagle 5.56 AR ammo. Is this okay to use in my Ruger Mini-14 Ranch rifle of the 196-xxxxx era? Thanks for any input.
Just wanted to say Welcome, you found the right site for mini answers, I do not own one but after reading about them here I find myself wanting one!
Enjoy your visit here!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dittos on the above. You can shoot anything that will chamber in your rifle without any worries. Welcome to the forum. Any question you have can be answered here. There is nothing we have not encountered.

fishslayerbob
And if there IS anything we've not encountered I for one am extremely grateful.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys, for the replies. I thought as much (also in my manual), but then you hear of horror stories of 556 causing problems in a mini-14.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Thanks, guys, for the replies. I thought as much (also in my manual), but then you hear of horror stories of 556 causing problems in a mini-14.
When have you ever heard that? Only issues I ever had was with steel cased when I tried to shoot brass after shooting a bunch of steel cased without first cleaning the chamber real good. Operator error pretty much. I have never had a problem shooting any 5.56.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I disagree with everyone, I think to be safe you should send all that ammo to me. I wouldn't want you to hurt your nice ranch gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts