Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucky Gunner has .223 ammo a little pricey but I cant find it any place.
Its PMC 20 rd. $13.00 and change plus shipping.
Any one else have a place to buy, Id love to hear it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lucky Gunner has .223 ammo a little pricey but I cant find it any place.
Its PMC 20 rd. $13.00 and change plus shipping.
Any one else have a place to buy, Id love to hear it.
Doug, give Ammunition To Go a try. It's pricey, but available. I hope this will help you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Boxer, this is nuts. I have some brass at my local guy to reload, and he claims he is having trouble with getting supplies. Just bought the gun a few weeks ago, and will be lucky to find shells for it. Im glad I bought what i did when they were available. Hope this will blow over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Doug, you're welcome. I don't have anything that takes a .223, but from what I've seen, supplies of all kinds are scarce right now. This dark cloud will be here for quite some time. Be smart and use common sense. All the best and hang tough.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Bulk Ammo had some a few days ago.
As noted it is pricey now. If I recall it was $799 per K in a 55gr FMJ

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went to the local Gander Mountain as a result of this thread, as they've always had plenty of .223/5.56 even during previous dry spells. Shelves completely bare, everything from 22LR to .223 was completely gone (almost 15' of 6 row shelves empty). Only some 17HMR left, and most of the shotgun and larger centerfire hunting rounds were left.

Wow.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sportsman Outdoor Superstore
820 rd cases of Twin City Arsenal / 5.56 Tracers for $339.99 each with free basic shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't give up on Wal-Mart and / or Meijer (midwest). I picked up 20 boxes of PMC Bronze for 10.97 a box. They had been on the shelf for 3-4 days.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cabelas has UMC on sale for backorder 2 to 3 weeks $89 for 200, $159 for 400 and $299 for 800 rounds, also offering a $20 on line rebate on orders over $150 so 400 rounds is like $156 shipped. Maybe this is a sign the major price gouging will lighten up a little.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive seen some of these mentioned, a lot here and there on backorder, but a bit more then I want to spend. Heck, the ones I just ordered from Lucky Gunner were too. Ive looked at dozens and dozens of ammo sites and just cant believe so many listed out of stock, or backordered.
Trying to find cheap is impossible,ie; $6.00-$8.00 a box.
Thinking next year at trying my hand at reloading, but wonder if this contiues, if the supplies needed would be available.
Thanks for the input everyone, be safe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was looking at ammo at our local Rural King, and the shelves were fairly bare. Where the Rem. .223 55-grn FMJ normally is it was empty, and the price had gone up $3 a box. There was plenty of 17 HMR, and I picked up a box for my new Savage I should have next weekend.

Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have a Big 5 Sporting Good near you do a check. I'm sure it is company wide but they have a sale going on now for $9.99/box of 20 PMC and another brand. They were out of stock but the guy behind the counter said they receive shipments of supplies every Wed and stock the shelves for Thursday openings. He said to call them on Wed evening and he (never met the guy before) would put some aside for me. I have 5 of these stores within easy driving of my home/work so hope to get something soon. Just FYI.

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
I remember in 08 how the same thing happened. I said never again. I have thousands of rounds of ammunition on hand with the capacity to reload thousands more. There is no way in hell I will pay these outragous prices. You guys go ahead.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know where you're comin g from. I have always loved small bore centerfire swhooting, so, about 5-6 yrs ago loaded up on bullete, brass and primers. didn't do much with them til now. no prob getting more powdre. I'll work those RCBS dies to death before paying these high prices. just lucky this time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My local Cabelas had pmc x-tac advertised at 7.99 a box. I called ahead and was told they had 'some' left. I ripped over there and they had 'some' alright, about 2000 rounds on the shelf that had at least 10,000 on it a couple days prior. I bought what I could, they had a 10 box limit.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts