Perfect Union banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Boy am I glad to find you guys. I've been looking everywhere for some data for this round.
I purchased CZ varmint rifle in 22TCM. I got my Hornady dies, some used brass a couple pounds of powder and a pocket full of bullets. I actually tried some of the data above
and has some very promising results at 50 yds using 10.5 grs of 296 behind a 40gr vmax.
Ditto 9.8 and 10 grs of 4227. At 100 yards, however, everything went to hell.
Every found was 6 inches away from the previous. And there was no wind to blame.

I'm wondering how hot I can to and if that will help tighten me up at 100.
Tried Berger 40's and they weren't bad. Nosler 40 was ok. Did well with the Hornady 35gr vmax. They actually load a little better because I'm finding it hard to get my oal down to factory. Shot some rounds that were as long as 1.40. Again...they worked okay at 50 yds but 100 was a different story. I'm going to try to flare the case neck a little more, back off the loads and see how low I can go. Also...tried some 45gr hornets and that was a bust

I hope you don't mind my chiming in. I would love any and all information you come up with in your 22 tcm adventures. Should I stumble on anything useful I will certainly share. Thanks to Daniel2013 for getting me this far!

· Banned
5,884 Posts
I really like the R.I. 1911 .22 TCM. The R.I. rifle however was another issue. The rifle simply was not accurate. I spent some bucks on custom bedding etc. Nothing would work and after many types of bullets and powder I gave up. I think it may be a problem with the twist rate?

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have not been shooting much lately, but for those of you who want a very accurate rifle in this caliber I recommend the TC Encore or Contender with a barrel manufactured by Match Grade Machine (MGM) in Utah. I am glad I could be of some help to a few people with this little caliber. I do like the Pistols made by RI as well. It has been so long That I was in here that I forgot my password and had to reset it. Hope all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May Santa leave a new 22TCM under your Christmas tree this year. I will get out shooting again when the weather gets warmer. Until then shoot straight and always be careful.

· Registered
9 Posts
Does anybody have a idea what would be the heaviest bullet that could be loaded in the .22 tcm? I have both the pistol and the rifle. I had a small problem with ammo but everything has been straighten out. I wish I had the money I would go ahead and get the single stack .22tcm.

· Registered
9 Posts
It might be a crazy idea but what about a 9mm barrel in place of the .22 tcm on the rifle? Just replace the barrel and there should be no other problems,should feed ok and use the same clip,what could go wrong? Be kind of nice to have a 9mm rifle.

· Registered
1 Posts
Love this thread.

With the lack of accuracy I wonder if the Rate of Twist is right? Seems way to slow....

Just wondering out loud.

Has anyone done a study on Twist rates?

Also. One of the things I like best about the .22tcm( I do not own) is its size and weight. due to bullet weight ITS MUCH LIGHTER IN BULK. Due to its ballistics It seems to me to be a fantastic Prepper round with Proper Rate of Twist for Heavier and Lighter bullets out of a 16 in barrel. Also it seems that 16-18 might be a sweet spot.

Can you imagine a 16 in AR9 chambered in .22tcm using glock mags? a G17L on your hip? Zinging ..22tcm x 35gr solid copper penetrators or 30 Gr ballistic tips.

Anyone could carry a thousand rounds easily . ;)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.