Perfect Union banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
7,901 Posts
This past weekend in Colorado; I added some stock to my supply of .22s; had to return a foregrip that was too long and saw the shorts (@.09¢ per round)at Sportsmans Warehouse. The .22 WMR (@.18¢ per round) was tucked back on an upper shelf at a nearby Walmart.

These were more impulse purchases as I wasn't actively looking for them; maybe that's the trick, I won't look but if it pops up then...;)

It's been a long time since I've seen one of those milk carton packs.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,207 Posts
Reactions: freesw and Jonjeo

·
Banned
445 Posts
Never seen one of those milk carton boxes of ammo, either. Closest to a "commemorative" ammo box I ever got was buying 30 100-round Christmas Holiday plastic boxes of CCI .22lr ammo a few years ago.

·
Banned
34,348 Posts
This rodeo has been to town before. Experience teaches to learn from the last time .22 ran out due to gougers running amok. Learning the lesson is optional. I bought enough when the buying got good again.

And I won't buy .22 from gougers even for a post-panic discounted price, not so much on principle, though there is that, but because of possible storage conditions. .22 doesn't keep as well as centerfire. Nope, when it's back at a decent price, I'll just buy more from the store.

·
Ammo.com
190 Posts
Same thing happened last ammo panic, or was it the one before that? Manufacturers cut or shut down production of .22 to increase production of centerfire ammunition. Unfortunately .22 prices never did come back down to pre-panic level after.
That's the main reason, production priorities. Preppers are also fiercely stockpiling 22 LR right now. A lot of people overlook just how valuable 22 LR would be during a total SHTF scenario, when a couple squirrels would make for a mighty fine lunch.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Hawk right much nailed it, many of the new to shooting gun buyers will have to go for economy's sake with a ,22 rifle then figure 'better buy 3 -5 boxes of ammo.'which goes into a closet until they can make it out to the range.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,207 Posts
Too many people buying AR look-alike rifles in .22 LR with big magazines and blasting away pretending to be cool.

·
Registered
313 Posts
way back when..I was a boy scout..and their good old saying was " be prepared"....how many ammo shortages have we gone through and some learn some dont..to stockpile...I do think this time its going to be different and I question if cheap and widely available ammo will ever come back...just look at todays political climate and whats going on...its way past a normal shortage..people are scared schitless of the crime and prospect of more riots and civil unrest...along with the amount of both gun and ammo control in washington dc..
its funny how people will find money for beer and cigarettes or expensive tickets to sporting events, but then balk at spending some money on preps...of all kinds..food, supplies , guns, ammo etc....granted some people have limited disposable income to spend on it, but proper planning from the last shortage you could build up quite a bit of supply....
there are still ok priced ammo out there, and lots of price gougers ...but it takes time to locate them..I look at different websites and the prices are still on a steady increase...

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,207 Posts
unfortunately stuck in communist new york, our ammo prices have always been higher than many other states...I guess expense of ammo comes down to what you have been use to paying...many many moons ago remember the super cheap ammo prices...but not since demtard king cuomo came to power...
I don't see the need for the derogatory namecalling, but I do have two questions.

When did NY government become Communist? I haven't heard of that before.

And are you able to buy ammo on the Internet to get the best prices?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't see the need for the derogatory namecalling, but I do have two questions.

When did NY government become Communist? I haven't heard of that before.

And are you able to buy ammo on the Internet to get the best prices?
I do.....
communist since the demtards took over and very few select companies will ship to new york, most dont want to put up with all th BS from the safeless act...

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,207 Posts
I do.....
communist since the demtards took over and very few select companies will ship to new york, most dont want to put up with all th BS from the safeless act...
More questions:

Is the namecalling really necessary? What does it accomplish?

Are you familiar with the actual definition of the word "Communist?"

Or do you knowingly use the word loosely for anyone who differs from your Right Wing views?

And are you saying you CANNOT buy ammo on the Internet in NY? That wasn't clear.

·
Registered
313 Posts
More questions:

Is the namecalling really necessary? What does it accomplish?

Are you familiar with the actual definition of the word "Communist?"

Or do you knowingly use the word loosely for anyone who differs from your Right Wing views?

And are you saying you CANNOT buy ammo on the Internet in NY? That wasn't clear.
when you stop with your mother bull schit ill answer any questions you have..untill then your ignored...

21 - 40 of 58 Posts