Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Formerly "raf"
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've not used this vendor before, and there are some comments about them being slow to ship.

Apparently these are 5.56 mags with the ".300 AAC BLACKOUT" lettering applied.

·
Formerly "raf"
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ruger uses their 5.56 mag for the 300 blackout and mark them 300 BO so people wont put the wrong ammo in their rifle. But I dont think you know that
Yes, I know that, but .300 BO mags are often cheaper than identical 5.56 mags. Just cover-up the .300 BO lettering and save some money. Said so above, if anyone cared to read.

Likely the last time I'll post about a "Deal" here, due to ignorance and ill-informed push-back.

"No good deed goes unpunished".

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Yes, I know that, but .300 BO mags are often cheaper than identical 5.56 mags. Just cover-up the .300 BO lettering and save some money. Said so above, if anyone cared to read.

Likely the last time I'll post about a "Deal" here, due to ignorance and ill-informed push-back.

"No good deed goes unpunished".
then why did you use the word "apparently" ??? maybe you should try reading your own post

·
Formerly "raf"
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
then why did you use the word "apparently" ??? maybe you should try reading your own post
Simply alerting others to the availability of such mags for a relatively low price. Use of "apparently" qualifier was done to make others read the specific description for themselves, and decide for themselves.

Just trying to offer potentially helpful suggestion, and NO financial interest on my part.

I'll continue to post about potentially good deals in the future. I'm not letting any "nay-sayers" deter me from helping other Members here.

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Simply alerting others to the availability of such mags for a relatively low price. Use of "apparently" qualifier was done to make others read the specific description for themselves, and decide for themselves.
Well there is no decision making skills needed. They are 5.56 mags that are marked 300BO. Ruger is not going to make a completely different assembly line for a mag that can accept both cartridges when they can just simply mark them. Just like the rest of your post, it was full of good intentions but completely wrong and ill-informed.

·
Formerly "raf"
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well there is no decision making skills needed. They are 5.56 mags that are marked 300BO. Ruger is not going to make a completely different assembly line for a mag that can accept both cartridges when they can just simply mark them. Just like the rest of your post, it was full of good intentions but completely wrong and ill-informed.
Much obliged for your correct comments confirming my original post.

Why you are arguing with my OP is dificult to see.

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Other Members/Readers will decide for themselves which one of us is trying to do a potentially useful thing, and which one of us is being needlessly argumentitave.

I'm OK with that.
Not argumentive, I just correct people when they are wrong so others wont be misinformed, esspecially people who are new to firearms. It is our job, and responsibility to be completely precise when it come to guns. We are not the only ones reading this stuff. I would hate for a lurker to blow their heads off. Keep that in mind when posting

·
Formerly "raf"
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not argumentive, I just correct people when they are wrong so others wont be misinformed, esspecially people who are new to firearms. It is our job, and responsibility to be completely precise when it come to guns. We are not the only ones reading this stuff. I would hate for a lurker to blow their heads off. Keep that in mind when posting
Nah, not buying that. Anyone can see from link provided the explicit cautions about using such mags with inappropriate ammo.

Go fool somebody else.

·
Formerly "raf"
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
And that right there is all you need to know folks, please take RIboobs advice with extreme caution. Your head, hands, and maybe even your life will depend on it.
Always take my advice with due caution, along with advice from anyone else.

OTOH, using .300 BO mags for 5.56 ammo use is not likely to "blow their heads off" (post # 15 above). That's pure BS, and a total mis-application of such magazines.

i get the feeling that I'm arguing with a poster who likes to argue, instead of finding the truth. I stand by my former comments.

This is geting tedious, instead of informative. Anyone reasonable person who wishes to add to the conversation is welcome.

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Always take my advice with due caution, along with advice from anyone.
yeah well, something was eating at me to go back and look and not take your word for it. I just visited the provided link you posted and no such disclaimer or "explicit cautions" exists on that page. You need to stop lying bob, you are gonna get someone killed.

Please use extreme caution before taking RIbobs advice on anything!!!

·
Formerly "raf"
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah well, something was eating at me to go back and look and not take your word for it. I just visited the provided link you posted and no such disclaimer or "explicit cautions" exists on that page. You need to stop lying bob, you are gonna get someone killed.

Please use extreme caution before taking RIbobs advice on anything!!!
Somehow, using .300 BO marked mags, identical to 5.56 mags, with 5.56 ammo, will kill someone?.

Really?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts