Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something different. Does anyone have one with a 6 cylinder? I'm putting one together and I'm having trouble figuring out the hoses for the carbon canister. One goes to the fuel tank--ok; one goes to the pcv valve through a t-valve in the manifold--ok; one goes to the carburetor-----WHERE? The only spot left on the carb is a bowl vent that is a larger stem than the one on the canister.

:sniper:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Dang it Sniper, I came so close to helping ya, but my nova was a 1968 350 with a Quadra Jet Carb. No canister. I gave away my 1977 Chiltons manual. Have you tried a Haynes Manual, avail at your auto parts store? About $12. It would be only for the Nova, say 1977 thru 1982. They cover everything encluding a full overhall, body work, and elec schematics. Also the Library has all the motors manuals you can look at. The truth is out there.

Mag that is a nice piece you have there, a 1911 45 Special Edition?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Great Smokies! That's one work of art! The Bill of Rights in ivory and gold on the greatest sidearm ever! Is that a museum piece and where can I see it?

KC
:usa:

Sorry about the Nova. I'll bet your smog guy doesn't know how it should be either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a 77 Nova back many years ago-man I hated that piece of junk! Around that time they came out with the new japanese built little car called a Nova and one of the ads for it was something like "Not Like the old Nova" I guess that meant it ran and all the parts stayed attached. My mom had a Pontiac Ventura that looked similar-had a three speed manual shift on the column, if I remember correctly.

The body on that thing just rusted away. One of the rear shock mounts completely broke off and the top of the shock poked through into the trunk.

It was a straight six though. I had the Chiltons for it laying around for years at my mom's house, I would think she probably chucked it. I'd bet a used bookstore would easily have a chiltons for you for that car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts