Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was born (1956), my dad bought a Model 94. He' had a stroke a few years ago, and his wife has decided to sell all of his guns, and is giving me first crack at everything. Included is:

- Side-by-side 12g (unknown manufacturer)
- S&W revolver (may be a Model 10 Police Special)
- Glock 17 (may be a Gen 1) that's only been fired twice
- Winchester Model 94, circa 1956.

I'm going to buy the Winchester (unless I can convince his wife to just give it to me). The Model 94 has never had a round chambered, and comes with the leather case and two boxes of .30-30 cartridges it came with. It has a NRA emblem/sticker on the right side of the butt stock.

Where can I find out what this rifle is worth? I want to offer a fair price if I have to buy it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are so many variations in Winchester collectability. Condition is everything when it comes to perceived value.

Even a newer manufacture run of the line Winchester in beat up condition is tough to find for under 300.00

A pre 64 in excellent condition can run 1000.00 plus. Special models being many thousands.

A standard model .30-30 pre 64/post WWII in average condition, I would expect to be in the 600.00 price range give or take.

It will take pics for someone to be more helpful than that.

Most librarys will have a Blue Book of Gun Values. It may make you feel like you are making a non-biased judgement on value.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
I would offer no more than $500 for it. It is probably worth a little more, but you are family, and it should probably just be given to you as a gift/inheritance.

And pass on the other junk!

·
CantRe Member
612 Posts
I'm thankful my kids already know my guns are theirs, if for some reason I die.

I would hope, she at least gives you a "good deal" on it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts