Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me an idea what a 1952 Russian SKS in excellent condition is worth? I believe it was made at the Tula armory. It has all matching serial numbers. The stock is not original.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I normally see Russians going for about $200-$300 around here depending on the condition.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Well, My Wife just bought me one for an EARLY Chirstmas Present (Bless her heart).

It is a TULA SKS as well. 1953, pristine condition, all numbers matching, and get this...NEVER FIRED.

It looks like it came from from Mother Russia YESTERDAY!

She paid $300 for it. Many people, including the dealer she got it from, have said it is worth upwards of $500.

I'm HAPPY.

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NWO

It is a TULA SKS as well. 1953, pristine condition, all numbers matching, and get this...NEVER FIRED.

I never new anything like that existed! I'm surprised the dealer didn't keep it for himself or sell it to a close friend or relative? A find like that is unique to say the least. Who's the dealer, I'll buy every one he has like that, and I'm serious. Give me his business telephone number and address. I'll call him and put in my request.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Originally posted by TPW@Dec 12 2005, 10:26 PM
NWO

I never new anything like that existed! I'm surprised the dealer didn't keep it for himself or sell it to a close friend or relative? A find like that is unique to say the least. Who's the dealer, I'll buy every one he has like that, and I'm serious. Give me his business telephone number and address. I'll call him and put in my request.
I believe a deal like this is very rare. My Wife and I were in the right place at the right time.

My SKS is the only one my dealer had. Apparently he had just purchased it (along with many other never fired weapons) from a gun collector who needed the money.

My Wife and I were in the shop, and saw all the pristine weapons laid out on the counter. My Wife saw my face light up when I saw the SKS. She knew she had to get it for me for an early Christmas Present.

She asked how much it was, and as he had just got it, he did not really know. He blurted out, "$300". My Wife said, "SOLD!"

He told us that his profit was almost non-existant on this sale, and after thinking about it a bit, he added that he could have easily gotten $500, or more for it.

I am thinking about buying a beater SKS to shoot, as I don't think I really want to sully up this PRISTINE piece of history.

I'll post some pics of it soon in another thread.

Sorry TPW, it was the only one.

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i just brought a 1953 russian unfired all numbers matching in great condition from a guy i work with that need money ,for 100$,i never thought i would own a sks but the price was right,not sure if i want to fire it ,as it looks fun to shoot,or keep it for trade in meteral

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are so many SKS's around that they will never bring a big dollar as a collectors item. Shoot it and enjoy it. You won't be sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
There are so many SKS's around that they will never bring a big dollar as a collectors item. Shoot it and enjoy it. You won't be sorry.
They may never bring in BIG money as collectors items, but they sure are wonderful pieces of history. Especially the RUSSIAN ones.(which are more rare than all the rest) The originals, and the best.

Owning a piece of history counts for allot, and if the weapon is unfired, that means you have it just like it came from Mother Russia 50 plus years ago. Pretty nostalgic if you ask me.

I am going to keep mine pristine and unfired. It will be my only safe queen.

I am going to get a cheap SKS to shoot the shizzle out of.

i just brought a 1953 russian unfired all numbers matching in great condition from a guy i work with that need money ,for 100$,i never thought i would own a sks but the price was right,not sure if i want to fire it ,as it looks fun to shoot,or keep it for trade in meteral
WHEELS3963:

You got a GREAT deal on that SKS. You can afford to go out and buy a beater SKS to shoot. It sure would not hurt to keep your RUSSIAN SKS pristine, like mine is.

Post some pics. I will soon as well. Just have to break the camera out!

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't forget that they were test fired at the factory and who knows how many times after that?
Good Luck with your queen.............

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Originally posted by TPW@Dec 17 2005, 10:43 AM
Don't forget that they were test fired at the factory and who knows how many times after that?
Good Luck with your queen.............
Yes, test fired at the factory, but that does not count. :p

Queen, Precious, My Precious.

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i,ll try to get a couple of pic on here how do you post pic here,it seems every place does it differnt,can i post pic right off my computer or do i need a host site to post pictures?

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
WHEELS3963;

VERY nice looking SKS you have, even through the blur.

Yours looks very much like mine.

I will post a few pictures of mine tomorrow. Still have not actually taken any yet, but will tomorrow.

If you want to take yours out and shoot it, then do so. Enjoy it!

If you want to keep it pristine though, get a beater to shoot the shizzle out of, and keep the RUSSIAN in mint condition.

You really got a great deal on that one!

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NWO

Give your SKS a good looking over, it may not be what you think it is!
I have a book on SKS's. It's the 3rd Revised and Expanded Edition by Steve Kehaya and Joe Poyer. The title is FOR COLLECTORS ONLY "The SKS Carbine (CKC45g). It is printed by North Cape Publications, Inc.

On page 40, top of the page, it states "All original bolt parts were blued". "A bright or parkerized bolt or bolt parts indicate that they, and perhaps the rest of the carbine, have been refinished".
The photos that you posted show a bright or parkerized bolt.
Check if the rifle has any markings on it at all. If so, let me know and I will tell you what they mean.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
TPW,

The photos that I posted?

I have not posted any on Perfect Union at all
I not even made a dedicated thread on the rifle yet.

And yes, I am sure it is a 1953 Russian SKS. It is marked CCCP, has the star, all numbers are matching, and it also has some Russian letters on it. Russian SKS. Original.

Mine does have the chromed bolt.

I have researched SKSs quite a bit in the last few weeks. Every picture I have seen of them on the NET shows them with a chromed bolt.

Every SKS I have seen in person, whether it is a Russian, Yugo, Chinese, or whatever has always had a chromed bolt.

WHEELS3963s SKS has a chromed bolt. He says his is also a pristine 1953 Russian SKS. His pictures show a beautiful rifle.

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NWO

Confused you with wheels3963 regarding the photos, sorry. :rolleyes:

As for the bolt, My 1952 Russian SKS came with a blued bolt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts