Perfect Union banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my mini for a couple months now, and I have decided to replace the sights. I'd like to go with a "matched" set, but it's not critical.
I want a fixed rear, more like the m14. I don't care for the fold down sights at all.
As far as the front goes, I'd like a protected front, pin style. Not a fan of the big blade site there now.

Add to this, I will mount a scope(4x44) to the deal, what rings will allow me to use both the sights and the scope, with out removing one or the other? (I'm new to Ruger bases)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Far as I know, ya can't...
If you want to be able to use irons, go with Warne 1RL/2RL (1") or 14RL/15RL (30mm) QD rings. Pop the scope on/off and retain zero.

I don't know of any see-thru rings (made by a reputable manufacturer), and if you mount a rail it will preclude use of the rear sight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to run QD rings. The sights suck anyways, but I still like to practice with them. Guess my AR has me spoiled. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah, that fold down excuse for a rear sight sucks. the XS sight kit for your mini includes a different GR rear sight, which if you took out the threaded rear aperture your scope would clear. the front sight (tritium with white outline) is infinitely better than the factory. i love it. have fun with that scope!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
barncat, I think I have your front sight for you...

Yeah Kelly you do. I'm Kris(aka: kristop64089), I thought my post went thru here. I had one on the accustrut as well, but have decided to Go with Mo-Rod, due to EXCELLENT service, before the fact.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
LOL! It appears to be destiny. Your Mini is simply meant to have a Mo-Reaper!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts