Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new to the sight and have a technical ? On my new 10-22 can I switch the safety button to operate from the opposite side ? I shoot left handed and heard that this was a doable. Just asking B-4 delving into it and finding out that I cannot.
Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response,
I've removed the stock safety and examined it for reversing, seems as though it'll work from either side. My only hang up is that upon reinstalling it the detent my tool slipped and launched it across my garage to an undisclosed location.:angry: I've reordered a new one and should have it in a few days and will respond on weather it works in a reversed (left hand) position. Everything appears equal on the actual safety pin and it seems to align when temporarily installed... We'll see shortly.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I had a helluva time swapping my safety (went from Tupperware trigger group to silver aluminum...). Let's just say I taught myself a bunch of colorful new combinations of words I'd never imagined before while on my hands and knees combing through my living room carpet. :lol:

I finally figured out that a "click-type" ink pen works great for holding the plunger down from the top of the TG. Then slide a small flat bladed screwdriver in from the opposite side of where you're going to install the safety from. Hold down the screwdriver, remove the ink pen, and slide the safety in, pushing the screwdriver out -- like a slave pin on the trigger/sear/disconnector.

It's a lot more difficult to explain than it is to do, and it takes a couple of tries to get the hang of the technique. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts