Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first 10/22 when I was 18 (I'm now 26). Over the years I've shot/owned many pistols, but wanted to get into longer range shooting. I bought a 2nd 10/22 with scope and a couple rifles. I wanted to trick out my new 10/22 for good accuracy at 50-100 yards (looking for 3/4 inch at 50 yards).

This is what I've done so far:
-Barracuda stock (I just like the look and the barrel is naturally "free floated"- plus super comfortable); Butler Creek Fthrwt barrel (I just wanted a lighter barrel, since the barrel is just hanging there-plus they say it's a modifed chamber); scope.

I'm going to get a Clark Custom trigger kit, mag release extension and recoil buffer (as well as play around with cheap,temporary homemade bedding for the reciever).

I could get the accuracy for cheaper and better, but I was having fun.

Do you guys think that this will be fine for my do-it-yourself/inexperienced accuracy goal? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have installed the Clark's Custom trigger tune kit, mag extension, and recoil buffer (and messed with some temporary bedding).

The Clark's Custom tune trigger kit (actually bought from Brownell's) make's the trigger MUCH, MUCH better. It's considerably lighter. I am really pleased.:) I brought the rifle pre-trigger install to the range yesterday, and after 200 rounds, the entire rifle would shake when I tried to slowly pull the trigger (heavy trigger fatigue). Now, I should not have that problem. Cost was about $50.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Sounds like you have a real shooter there Scotty.Its always nice to pride your own work ,rather than say a Gun Smith done it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts