Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there are a million posts about this but in your opinion what are the best high capacity magazines for 10/22?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Tactical Innovation's 25-round steel-lip composite ones.

Pricey, but once you get them adjusted to your particular magwell (Did I mention they're adjustable?), you shouldn't have feeding issues of any kind.

I haven't had a single mag-related issue with my 10/22 in the over 3k rounds I've put through the 4 I have.

You can even take them apart to clean them, although I haven't yet.

If you wanted to get some on the cheap, you could get the regular, non-steel lipped composite ones. I'm pretty sure the lips on those are made out of the same composite as the rest of the mag, so they should hold up well. And, they're still adjustable, and you can still take them apart to clean them.

~Edit~ In fact, the only problem I have with them (besides them being a little on the spendy side), is that it's a pain getting them loaded up faster than I can shoot them dry. :D

My poor Butler Creek mag loader is getting worn out from how much I'm using it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Tactical Innovation's 25-round steel-lip composite ones.

Pricey, but once you get them adjusted to your particular magwell (Did I mention they're adjustable?), you shouldn't have feeding issues of any kind.

I haven't had a single mag-related issue with my 10/22 in the over 3k rounds I've put through the 4 I have.

You can even take them apart to clean them, although I haven't yet.

If you wanted to get some on the cheap, you could get the regular, non-steel lipped composite ones. I'm pretty sure the lips on those are made out of the same composite as the rest of the mag, so they should hold up well. And, they're still adjustable, and you can still take them apart to clean them.

~Edit~ In fact, the only problem I have with them (besides them being a little on the spendy side), is that it's a pain getting them loaded up faster than I can shoot them dry. :D

My poor Butler Creek mag loader is getting worn out from how much I'm using it.
The poly ones are just as good I've got four of them work great after you get them adjusted.

Paul

·
Registered
646 Posts
anyone shoot the MWG tear drop 50 rounder? Like the "straight laced" look of it over the bananas. They are pricey too, but if they work well, I'll pay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have had great sucess with the Butler Creek hot lips with the plastic lips ive shot thousands of rounds thru the two i have with out problems i have noticed the red feed lips are starting to get a little worn down recently i got a few of the BC steel lips havent tried them yet but when i dry fitted them the lips seem to be contacting the bolt so i took a sharpie cycled the bolt a few time the sand off till clear

·
Registered
467 Posts
well I think I'm gonna go for the TI steel lip poly ones thanks for all the advice.
I think you should try the poly ones first with the composite feeds to see if you like them and if you do and the feeds wear out (which I doubt) you can always replace them with the metal ones MHO.

Paul

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've got four BC Hot lips 25 rd mags with over 15k on them and are still going strong I got the TI mags Because they were cheaper ans work just if not better.

Paul

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bought 2 ti25's ( poly lip ones) and had some issues the first day out but took em home cleaned em, put a little oil on them and they have gone threw 2 bricks no issues since I'm happy. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Butler creek steel mags seem to work better than most other after market mags. I have never heard a complaint around here about them. Ti as you read my last post are hit and mise. They also will test your patients when adjusting them. Promag, well just stay away from them. Black dog drums appear to work but with plastec feedlips they are destined to break. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I even bought a couple of cheap Eagle 30 rd mags they worked damn good till the feed lips wore out one still works if I only load 25 rounds in it.

Paul

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya still get great reviews about the TI mags. Sounds like they just got a bad batch of followers and tried to make them work(maybe why they are on sale :p ). They do work fine with a little initial TLC. But you can still get the mag + a new style follower for around $20 bucks. I Haven't had a single failure after my first day 2000+ rounds.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I ordered some new followers from TI got them last week and they were red and not blue but they also didn't have any scuffs of the back side of the followers. I buffed them anyways and changed them out lubed them lightly have to get out in the desert and give them a run.

Paul

P.S also bought a new BC loader

1 - 20 of 21 Posts