Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of adding a Ruger 96/22 (lever action) to my collection. Does anyone know if the 10/22 barrels will fit on the 96/22?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I went to the Ruger web site. The part # for the barrel on the 96/22 is OL8001 while the 10/22 is OB8001. Very similar. They look the same in the pick, but don't really know what the diff is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a 10/22 and also a 96/22 maybe i need to look again but i dont think thay are the same,i know the receaver part of the gun is longer,and the 96 is like 1 1/2 to 2 inches longer over all.if ya was thinking of adding a bull barrel to it it might not work becuse the stock appears a little differnt to.i will look it over again and see and will post another reply.

·
Registered
45 Posts
one other thing ,the guy at the gun store told me that i could not use the same clip that my 10/22 used,but when i got it home i snaped a clip from my 10/22 in it and it worked just fine

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
After talking to the folks at Ruger, they said the barrels are NOT interchangable. The receivers are different and the mags may fit but should not be swapped either. Seems to me that if you shouldn't use the mag from one rifle in another, the manufacturer should make them differently.

:sniper:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sniper, Cajungeo thanks for the effort...Too bad about the barrels, I (like you guys most likely) have a ton of spare 10/22 parts left over from all my tinkering. The mag issue is confusing, they said you could but you shouldn't???? In an earlier post someone said that they did swap mags. Hmmm this is the deciding factor as I don't want to have identical looking mags that can't be swapped. Maybe I'll call Ruger myself, Sniper did they give any details? Maybe the other poster (sorry don't recall the name) can give us some more input here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts