Perfect Union banner

t/c 45 lc/ 410 barrel question

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  AKINA 
#1 ·
I have a 45/410 barrel with removable choke. I still dont understand why it is removable. Do I have to remove choke when shooting 45 rounds or slugs. I had an origional version of this years ago and they didnt have this feature. Would some one please explain this concept to me. Thanks....

#2 ·
Yes, when shooting 45 LC; you should remove the choke.

It's sometimes called a "shredder". It's purpose is to stop the spin that was imparted on the shot shell wad by the rifling.

If the shot shell wad is spinning when it exits the barrel, it dramatically alters the pattern. This is one of the drawbacks of the Taurus Judge.

#5 ·
I have one, stainless 14" was missing rear blade in vent rib when I got it, put firesight front and rear clamp-on turkey sights on. Bullseye at 40 yards with Hornady .45 LC FTX first time at the range. Let it go for $150.00. Has Bellmtc heavy locking lug spring and 2 piece lug installed

#7 ·
I have one of these in 10" barrel and was using it for dove hunting because it was to easy to shoot doves with a 12G and I was getting my limit in about an hour verses 20-30 minutes with a 12G. But went back to 12G because the 410 round got too expensive when the Judge craze started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.