Perfect Union banner

Georgia Shooters

6K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  waltonhockey05 
#1 ·
Any Georgia Shooters on this site???

#6 ·
Mountain boy here. I shoot at Jacks River Shooting range on Cohutta WMA, and sometimes at Johns Mtn WMA range near Snake Creek Gap.

#7 ·
The vast majority of my shooting is at South River Gun Club near Conyers.

My wife & I ran the IPSC club there for about 5 years but we have not been active in any organised shooting in the last 6 years. Still play with the IPSC guns a little and I have shot 3 IDPA matches this year.

Own a wide variety of rifles, pistols and shotguns but have been having a lot of fun with the Ruger 10/22, her MKII target and my S&W 41.

When the weather warms up we might try to get together at one of the WMA ranges for a morning of fun.

Bill (aka - U-turnwilly)

#8 ·
Middle GA

Unfortunately there are not many places to shoot in the middle GA area. We have one indoor range, nice, but no way to practice draws, double taps, etc.

Cool Springs in Roberta. There is a WMA in Hawkinsville and also Marion Road Gun club.

I like to shoot big stuff and make things go boom. Unless you have private land, you have to abide by their rules.

#19 ·
I called it the WMA, Wildlife Management Area, what it was before the DNR range :)
I'm still looking for a place to shoot and feel safe.. Would love a range at least 3-4 hundred yards but for this area I think I'm dreaming.
A shame Ft. Stewart doesn't cooperate with civilian shooters on one of their longer ranges that they have closed down.

#22 ·
Commander Dave, you're lucky to have a family place to shoot. I grew up out in the country up north, and my Dad had a big gravel pit for his construction business. As in ~300 yards across, and 75 to 100 feet deep. I didn't realize how lucky I was being able to shoot anything pretty near anytime (that were wasn't an active excavation project going) till I got back into shooting as an adult living in the burbs. The three closest 3 places I can shoot rifles outdoors are all over an hour away! What is Snake Creek? I tried Googling it but didn't come up with much.

#23 ·
The firing range is in the John's Mountain WMA. Here are the coordinates:
Lat 34.618011°
Lon -85.045962°
I do consider myself very luck that my parents own rural property. Their property butts up against Pine Log Mountain, so I have the mountain as a backstop. I am limited in range there though...I can only barely eek out a 100 yard firing line due to the lay of the land.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.