Perfect Union banner

shotgun reloading

7K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Durango Ranger 
#1 ·
Anyone reload shotgun? Am trying to find info on reloading steel shot. Specifically how to introduce and to what amount the buffer material. Thanks. :)

#8 ·
I have a 30 yr old Mec Versatech single stage reloader & it can still reload steel shot but you have to read up on it a bit. Steel shot requires different shot bars as shot vs lead evidently have different volumes. Powder bushings are probably the same. You'll probably have to buy different some different wads but that shouldn't be an issue.

People tell me I'm crazy using a single stage unit when progressives are so much more efficient but since I inheirited it for free, i've got nothing to lose.
Shotgun reloading is pretty simple stuff, just take your time and remember to follow reciepes you found is reputable loading manuals or powder websites. Too many damn fools on the internet - listen to them and you'll have a Ka-Boom faster than a room full of Cops w Glocks...:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.