Perfect Union banner

scope mounting help please !!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Melting 
#1 ·
I have a 582 mini that I mounted a Nikon p223 3-9x40 scope on high #5 Ruger rings and it is beating the windage turret with the ejected brass. The height with this set-up is perfect but, I do not want to kill the scope. I tried the Ruger rail and Nikon p mounts but, sits too high and not able to get the turret out of the ejection port area. I then thought about a GG&G rail with the p series mounts to give me more front to back adjustment to try to move turret out of harms way but, too high again. Nikon is willing to replace the windage turret and check scope out for free but, I would like to get the mount issue resolved first..do not want to beat the scope again...I just installed a 1911 buffer to help reduce ejection ...
Any ideas were to go from here ?? My old eyes can not see the sights anymore !!!:rolleyes:

#4 ·
All you need to do is move the scope either forward or backward just enough for the case to miss the turret

I don't know what this will do to your eye relief. You might need to go to a different scope with different eye relief to accomplish this.

I use a B-Square mount on my 182, it sits high enough that I have no issues

You also may need a buffer around the gas port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.