Perfect Union banner

new min14

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sandog 
#1 ·
just got my first mini 14, or for that sake long gun.
I know I have a lot of research to do, but just wondering if any of you can suggest a reflex site and a magnifier combination. I would like to be able to flip the magnifier when not needed, but flip it back for long shots.
thanks for you time

#3 ·
Or you could get a 1-4x scope with a lighted dot, and not have to mess with flipping a magnifier back and forth, plus the magnifier is another piece of gear that can come loose. Leupold makes the Mark AR 1.5-4x with a lighted green dot (FireDot). It has a reticle calibrated for the 62 gr. Nato 5,56mm load called the SPR. The dot once clicked on, will shut off in 5 minutes to save battery power if no movement is detected, then when any slight movement of the rifle, it will turn back on to the last brightness setting used. At 1.5x it can be used up close with both eyes open like a red dot, then zoomed to 4x for a longer shot. The elevation turret is calibrated for a 55gr. .223 @ 3100 fps., but Leupold will make you a new turret for any weight bullet you shoot. You have to provide them with all your load info and pay $30 per turret. They are very light at 9.6 ounces, cost is right at $400. Millet also makes a low variable with lighted(red) dot called the DMS. I believe it is also a 1-4x, but not positive. It goes for around $250. Maybe not quite as durable as the Leupold, I have heard several reviews where people put it on .308 AR's, and it quit holding zero, but those that put them on .223's seem to have had them hold up fine.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.