Perfect Union banner

Holographic or Reflex?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  norway 
#1 ·
OK, I have messed with an aimpoint. There ok, but this one was more of the "scope tube" non magnifying type. I want to put the new type of sight with the square window in my ranch rifle.

I was looking at the burris sights. They are called Red Dot Reflex. When researching the different types of these sights I found that I REALLY want to try the holographic sights that appear to actually put the dot fifty yards in front of the rifle. The Eotech sights actually call theirs "holographic sights".

Is the Burris Red Dot Reflex also a Holographic? Or am I going to have to pay double for the eotech? I will, but I want to get the cheaper burris if they do the same thing and you just get more durability with the eotech. I dont really beat up my guns as much as I would think the eotech is designed to take.

Which one of these sights should I consider to get that "fifty yards in front of the rifle" sight picture?

Thanks

#2 ·
OK, I have messed with an aimpoint. There ok, but this one was more of the "scope tube" non magnifying type. I want to put the new type of sight with the square window in my ranch rifle.

I was looking at the burris sights. They are called Red Dot Reflex. When researching the different types of these sights I found that I REALLY want to try the holographic sights that appear to actually put the dot fifty yards in front of the rifle. The Eotech sights actually call theirs "holographic sights".

Is the Burris Red Dot Reflex also a Holographic? Or am I going to have to pay double for the eotech? I will, but I want to get the cheaper burris if they do the same thing and you just get more durability with the eotech. I dont really beat up my guns as much as I would think the eotech is designed to take.

Which one of these sights should I consider to get that "fifty yards in front of the rifle" sight picture?

Thanks
just try them out, but the point of either is to get the dot on the target ... i cant see myself wether one is better than the other, but there is a clear difference in quality and how long it will run on a battery, and if that is important to you (which it should be), nothing beats the aimpoint

if you picture your gun as a prepper-gun, drop the eotech ... it will use up your batteries too fast. Being that dependent on batteries is a no-no, the whole point of prepping is the fact you dont have logistics to supply you with anything, unlike the army, which will have a steady supply of ammo, batteries, spare parts for your gun etc to your disposal.

Personally i'd either go with an aimpoint or a scope that doesnt need a battery, like a scout scope. But thats just me thinking like a prepper. If you dont care about it, choose whatever you like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.