Perfect Union banner

Any US-Made 3-9X 40mm Socpes in Silver?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  p35bhp55 
#1 ·
I was looking into the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9X 40mm in Silver for my new 10/22 until I noticed that these were made in the Philippines. No disrespect to the country, but if at all possible, I'd just as soon prefer to purchase a scope that's made in the good old USA.

Could anyone please suggest a 3-9X 40mm or similar scope for under $300 that's still made in the USA? I know that the Redfield Revolution line is made in Oregon, but it doesn't look like they're offered in a silver finish. Are the Leupold VX-1 or the Mueller APV 4.5-14x40AO (two other optics I'm considering) also made overseas?

#4 ·
Skyblue,
Any Issue or should I say just about every issue that comes out has scopes in them including the sniper scopes used by the US Military. But those are a wee bit expensive! Dont let scopes that are made overses discourage you, many of them are made for US Manufactures due to the fact the labor is cheapier, Dont get me wrong. My feeling is that if your a US Company make your product here in the good ole USA. However big companies do not see things that way. You can aalso try cheapier than dirt
just look them up online. They have a large selection of scopes. Myself I wouldnt use a silver or chrome finished scope, due to the fact of sun light reflection off the scope body....Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.