Perfect Union banner

Best AR Scope

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Elitesports 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good all around scope for a new AR. What scope would you buy and why for 1k or under?

#2 ·
Look at Nikon M-223 scopes or Nikon Monarch or Monarch X

Very VERY clear scopes.

Or Leupold since your going more expensive.

Bushnell and Burris also have some great high priced scopes.

Look at opticsplanet and see what fits you.

Sorry I'm not good with recommending high priced scopes seeing as I dont own any

#3 ·
Man jimNeb you opened a can of worms. There are so many nice scopes. One thousand is a lot to pay for one. I got a Leatherwood CMR on one. Lot less than that. On my other I have a Zeiss. I think for that price you could find as many scopes as people have opinions.

The Zeiss is on a target AR with a full bull barrel. It's is so accurate that it becomes boring. Shooting the gong at 200 yards is no challenge. So I shoot at the chain. The Zeiss has fine cross hairs and excellent visibility. But its not for everyone.

The Leatherwood is very good for the price. The CMR has a nice retical and is 1 to 4 power. I use a Buris PEPR mount. Works for me.

My brother swears by Leupold. My son likes his ACOG. And my young has too much money for his own good co-worker has a Vortex. See everyone likes something.

#4 · (Edited)
You could check out the Burris AR 536 A 5X DUAL COLOR , { poor man's ACOG } I like my 3x ... an AR322 ``````` as soon as I got it, the 5x became available. {

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have ordered a Trijicon ACOG TA26sr-10. It's very compact and I'm not sure I'm going to like the reticle. I may decide to mount a more traditional type of scope since I probably won't shoot much inside 50+ yards.

#6 ·
A deal I made on a lightly used Trijicon fell through. I decided to go with something I could look at in person and went with a Burris AR-332. I just mounted it on my new Noveske Rogue Hunter shown in my sig. I won't have time to take it to the range until next Friday.

#7 ·
Not sure you're going to like the AR-332, I wasn't too crazy about the one I looked through.

My guess is you'd be much happier with a Burris XTR 1-4, they have a Gen 2 out now that is supposed to be even better than the one I have. The glass is excellent and I really like the BDC reticle. It with a nice QD mount is about $850-$900.

I really like mine, great for CQB, and with the 4x it can reach out and tag targets out past 400 yards easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.